Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg the healing process is so much different and painful. I had my revision on 9.17.2020 and the pain has me so uncomfortable to move, talk, cough,anything. I cant even lay down. I literally have a cloud of covers and pillows on the couch to keep me propped for comfort. I am really hoping for weight loss as I am working on my discipline this time around cause I failed my sleeve unfortunately and I am not in denial about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the Loop DS surgery (no revision) and yeah sleeping in bed was a no for me for at least the first week. I also slept on the couch with a bunch of pillows propped up behind me. The recovery does take a little longer than most WLS, but it'll pass! Congrats on your new surgery!

I just had the sleeve to ds revision a week ago and it was amazingly better than my original sleeve recovery. All major pain was gone in about 3 days and I was going for walks day 5. I think it’s a case by case thing. I do have to sleep propped up by pillows but it’s because of this darn acid reflux. That’s probably the worst part but totally manageable with Pepcid. Good luck guys!

Hello everyone. I had the sleeve done august 17 2015. I lost 70 pounds in the first year. Little by little my weight started to come back. Now I’m the same weight I was before doing the surgery. Would this da revision be an option for me? I really would appreciate any advice you could give. I need to get healthy again.

Hi Kozyjozie! Of course you’d have to consult with a doc to see if you are a good candidate for revision but I was the same as you. I regained almost all of my weight after having a child. I chose a revision to DS versus RNY since VSG is the first step of a DS surgery. So when I was revised, they didn’t touch my tummy, just completed the intestinal procedure. Please note that far less data is available on revisions, so the outcome may not be as significant as you’d like it to be. I am losing less than I did with my original procedure but I am losing much more than I would have on my own. I suggest before you even jump down the rabbit hole to really figure out why you regained. And come to terms with the excuses, so you won’t repeat. I got therapy as well. Hope that helps!

I am going through the steps to have the Loop DS from the Sleeve. I have had the Sleeve or about 6 yrs. And has not worked out for me. I have talked with my doctor. Would love to talk to people who have undergone this. I am located in Maine and just want to get through all the steps so I can have the surgery. Thank You in Advance. Donna. Mammysm@aol.com

@GottaBeBlair and everyone

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

It seems that GottaBeBlair and I had the same surgery about the same time, so I wanted to see if you are having the same symptoms as I am having. I am 1 week post op sleeve revision to sadi/sips/mini ds. I have just started full liquids, protien shake, yogurt +water. I take multi vit from Bariatric Advantage 2x day. I have been experiencing strong intestinal gurgling with explosive mini diarrhea with little black stool that smells terrible. in addition to the very smelly flatuence the only way I have found to calm everything down is to take liquid pain medicine. have you been experiencing similar side effects? and did your Dr. tell you how long this will last?

Edited by LGO

I just had my revision from Sleeve to Loop DS/SIPS/SADI two days ago. I was having your exact symptoms BEFORE my surgery from the powder Protein Shakes. I was using Bariatric Advantage, vanilla, which is why I logged in today to see if I can return 75% of the bag. Those shakes made me feel horrible, constipated and bloated, WITH diarrhea and all the other symptoms you described. I stopped doing the poweder Protein shakes from Bariatric Advantage, and switched to similar count Protein/Sugar/Calories/Vitamins, made by Slimfast. The chocolate flavor was divine after drinking down chalk for 5 days!

I bring all this up because this all happened BEFORE the surgery, and it was because of the powder protein shakes. Add Benefiber to every shake, or take Colace twice a day to get you back to normal. Or better yet, switch to the Slimfast Advanced Nutrition High Protein ones. They taste 1000% times better and no horrible symptoms, but you still need the Benefiber or Colace bc of the High Protein.

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/08/2020 at 10:53, GottaBeBlair said:

I just had the sleeve to ds revision a week ago and it was amazingly better than my original sleeve recovery. All major pain was gone in about 3 days and I was going for walks day 5. I think it’s a case by case thing. I do have to sleep propped up by pillows but it’s because of this darn acid reflux. That’s probably the worst part but totally manageable with Pepcid. Good luck guys!

Thanks for sharing. I was in a lot of pain after my sleeve. Pain that induced vomiting in the hospital and caused me to stay a day longer. Hoping the DS surgery is a lot less painful and healing is easy.