Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have had arm lifts...

Do you still have (if you ever did) overhang around the outside of the elbow when your arms are down?

I do not and I’m very happy with my results. I’m attaching two photos - one from the night before my surgery in November 2016 where you can see from the drawn lines what was being removed, and one I took just a moment ago in regular daylight. You can see from the recent photo that the surgeon went all the way down to the elbow; he also went all the way up through my armpit almost to my bra band. Hope this helps!

FE7FBC67-4608-4D85-ACD9-5FE95E08C0B0.jpeg

80AA4FBE-9F5A-4069-9A37-4E7779CAF7D9.jpeg

Edited by anaxila
Clarity

• On 9/20/2020 at 11:38 AM, anaxila said:

I do not and I’m very happy with my results. I’m attaching two photos - one from the night before my surgery in November 2016 where you can see from the drawn lines what was being removed, and one I took just a moment ago in regular daylight. You can see from the recent photo that the surgeon went all the way down to the elbow; he also went all the way up through my armpit almost to my bra band. Hope this helps!

How interesting - it looks like your scar curves around the outside of your arm near your elbow to catch the extra there. I've mostly seen the scars go just along the inside of the arm. Looks great! Thanks for sharing

My scar is to the inside bump of my elbow and extended to the side of my breast. I do have a little saggy skin up near my arm pit that is going to be fixed in a few months. I had a lot of excess skin from my elbow and side boob area and it was very wrinkle and crepey near my elbow (like an 80 year old). The incision doesn't cross the joint at my elbow but is ends right next to my elbow when I hold my arm out straight. I also have the incision in the more traditional inside of my arm. I did see some surgeons are putting it more towards the back so when your arms are out to your side its at the bottom and almost invisible but I was concerned that when my arms are down at my side you would see the incision along the back of my arm. Now that it's too late I wonder if I would have liked it better as the previous person posted in the picture.

Not only did I have "bat wings" I had the same thing on my forearm with a pocket of fat at the elbow. When he was marking me he showed me what would be left if he only went to the elbow...a lower arm smaller 'batwing." I told him I didn't care if he went to my wrist, I didn't want that left. So, I have an extended brachioplasty. The incision goes from my bra line, through my armpit all the way down past my elbow to midway to my wrist. I'll take a scar over hanging skin any day! I still have a lot of swelling (6 weeks post op tomorrow) but I love the shape of my arms!

On 10/5/2020 at 4:00 AM, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

Not only did I have "bat wings" I had the same thing on my forearm with a pocket of fat at the elbow. When he was marking me he showed me what would be left if he only went to the elbow...a lower arm smaller 'batwing." I told him I didn't care if he went to my wrist, I didn't want that left. So, I have an extended brachioplasty. The incision goes from my bra line, through my armpit all the way down past my elbow to midway to my wrist. I'll take a scar over hanging skin any day! I still have a lot of swelling (6 weeks post op tomorrow) but I love the shape of my arms!

I'd love to see before and after photos if you are comfortable sharing.

How long did it take for healing? I’m going to a consult on Monday for Tummy Tuck, breast lift and aug w brachioplasty but we are scheduled to go on a big trip in June. Surgery would be February
Trying to gauge whether I’d be healed enough for the trip which would be snorkeling hiking etc