Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3/4 week stall?

So ive been reading up on this and i guess? Its normal but talk about depressing!! Its almost been 2 weeks (on Tuesday) and my scale has not moved AT ALL im at my 4th week post op tomorrow. I know i shouldn't weight myself daily but point is i do... its realllllly getting me down... in my head...its like calorie wise alone there's NO WAY im not losing.. when does this all get back on track?!

Thanks

almost everyone has that early stall. It usually lasts 1-2 weeks. Just stay off the scale if you have to. Stick to your plan, and the weight loss WILL start up again!

7 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

almost everyone has that early stall. It usually lasts 1-2 weeks. Just stay off the scale if you have to. Stick to your plan, and the weight loss WILL start up again!

I sure hope so, i follow everything and not eating anything i shouldn't. Just ready to be back on track 😩

10 minutes ago, Cheeks09 said:

I sure hope so, i follow everything and not eating anything i shouldn't. Just ready to be back on track 😩

my first stall was weeks 2 & 3. My weight loss started back up again during week 4, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs in a couple of days. So hang in there!

27 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

Hey, that's my shtick!

Tek

1 hour ago, Cheeks09 said:

So ive been reading up on this and i guess? Its normal but talk about depressing!! Its almost been 2 weeks (on Tuesday) and my scale has not moved AT ALL im at my 4th week post op tomorrow. I know i shouldn't weight myself daily but point is i do... its realllllly getting me down... in my head...its like calorie wise alone there's NO WAY im not losing.. when does this all get back on track?!

Thanks

Same here. I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op and the scale has not moved in 4 days. I’ve started to walk to see if I can get more exercise in to get it to move. Also remember you may not be losing weight on the scale but you maybe losing inches so I would suggest measuring yourself too. Hope this helps and best wishes to you!

2 minutes ago, xFatBoy007 said:

Same here. I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op and the scale has not moved in 4 days. I’ve started to walk to see if I can get more exercise in to get it to move. Also remember you may not be losing weight on the scale but you maybe losing inches so I would suggest measuring yourself too. Hope this helps and best wishes to you!

That's what i was thinking.. start working out more! I should measure..i was just saying that the other day! I hope that's at least the case..i have a wedding coming up im in and its stressing me out even more!

I hit this too -- make sure you're hitting your Protein marks. My problem was that I wasn't eating bc i wasn't hungry, but it still wasn't good for my body.

Hitting those protein goals and increasing your movement can help. It'll pass.. the thought of "I went through all of this to lose 20 lbs!?" really messed w/me.. but you're not abnormal.. it'll work, just give it time. :)

9 minutes ago, chunkarella said:

I hit this too -- make sure you're hitting your Protein marks. My problem was that I wasn't eating bc i wasn't hungry, but it still wasn't good for my body.

Hitting those Protein goals and increasing your movement can help. It'll pass.. the thought of "I went through all of this to lose 20 lbs!?" really messed w/me.. but you're not abnormal.. it'll work, just give it time. :)

I def aim to hit my protein goal. Typically fall short but between that and Water .. those are my goals! But YESSS that was my exact thought...i went through all this and thats it?!

I was on a three-week stall and when I went in for my 1-month post-op check-in I was down an additional 5 pounds from my stall weight (which I hadn't checked in almost a week). I found the checking every day really messed with my head and led to unhealthy thoughts ie. maybe I should be eating even less, maybe this whole thing was for nothing, etc. So my advice would be no more looking at the scale, stick to the plan and I promise it'll start coming off again. You got this!

4 hours ago, Cheeks09 said:

Thanks

Try not to get too uptight about the numbers. I’m on week six and I have had a few stops and starts. Honestly I would take the scale and put away until you weigh yourself. Maybe weigh only every few days. I think the weight hangs on for reasons we don’t know about metabolism and Fluid exchange in the cells. Our bodies probably don’t know what to make of the change in calories. Just when I think I’m really stuck two and half pounds drops off. That has happened to me three times in three weeks. In the meanwhile make sure to pamper yourself. Try doing a nice facial.

I’m new to the site and it’s been a blessing, I had my op 18th September and I’ve hit the . stall. I was gutted thinking ‘I’ve been through all this for 2st’ but coming on here has helped set my mind at ease. It seems ditch the scale, get my exercise up and RELAX as it will happen!

I’m at 5 weeks post procedure and have been stalled for almost 2 weeks. It’s one thing to hear my nutritionist say “stop weighing yourself everyday and stick to the plan.” But hearing it from others who are or have gone through it is so helpful. It’s really been getting to me. The whole, I spent so much money and went through all this for 15 pounds?! But, I’m going to put my scale away and keep with the program. Now that I’m in the soft food stage, I feel so much better and have more energy already, than I’ve had in years. Going to try to look at the positives.

I’m a bit late to the party here, but thanks to everyone who posted. I’m going through this at around the three week mark, and it definitely felt better to Hear I’m not the only one.