Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I'm just curious to know if anyone else suffers with painful wind after eating? The belching not the other end 🤪

I suffer terrible after every meal. In fact I'm getting like i don't want to eat.

At the moment I'm away on a break for a couple of days. I've just eaten out at a restaurant. I had 2 mushrooms, a spoon of Beans and 1/2 a slice of toast.......i give up...im only 6 month in and still pretty much in recovery but is it normal just to eat so little but still have wind pains.

What's your take on it?

Beans prob dont help. I have the burping problem mostly right now prob cause i just had the surgery couple weeks ago. The surgeon prescribed simethicone have you tried that? It helps the burps to come up right then not sure how it affects the other end 🥴

2 hours ago, Paula Hushy said:

Hi

I'm just curious to know if anyone else suffers with painful wind after eating? The belching not the other end 🤪

I suffer terrible after every meal. In fact I'm getting like i don't want to eat.

At the moment I'm away on a break for a couple of days. I've just eaten out at a restaurant. I had 2 mushrooms, a spoon of Beans and 1/2 a slice of toast.......i give up...im only 6 month in and still pretty much in recovery but is it normal just to eat so little but still have wind pains.

What's your take on it?

Beans, beans, the wonderful fruit...

Pay more attention to chewing and swallowing to ensure you are not swallowing air.

I'm unsure which surgery you had. So from here on, I can only share my RNY experience.

Other than when food gets stuck and getting it out is a requirement, anything else that upsets my stomach results in just such a situation, repeated burping. For me, it's a prelude to dry heaving if I don't do something to head it off, like drink something, or eat just a tiny something. I also have Ondansetron (try to say that!) stomach medicine which also heads it off.

Hope this helps,

Tek

4 hours ago, Paula Hushy said:

Hi

What's your take on it?

Hello

Yes it is early for you to eat so little and have winded pains. Can you please describe thoroughly? Because from my experience I was unable to eat the toast.

I used to feel like I heavy pulse on my chest and I needed to run and purge.

Missy C

I’m a gurgler not a burper (never been able to ever). I get the tightness but can’t relieve it. My thought would be to ensure you’re eating slowly. I know we all say it but sometimes, especially when eating out with others, we unconsciously eat more quickly (I think the hovering wait staff put pressure on you to eat more quickly.) Not leaving enough time between eating & drinking can cause tightness for me too.

I know you said it occurs at every meal but it may be certain foods. You may need to eliminate different foods to see if there’s something that specifically sets you off. I’ve discovered dairy foods make me gurgle something bad and chia seeds give me terrible wind so I plan when I eat these (especially the chia seeds lol!)

I'm 2 1/2 months post op and I burp all the time. I've just gotten used to it. Specific foods, drinks, or speed of ingestion doesn't seem to matter, I swallow air and it hurts if I leave it in the pouch, so I burp it up.

You may be eating too quickly. Give your self 20 minutes to eat your small meals. Stretch it out and chew to a paste. I hope this helps.

carbonated things, some carbs (like others said, Beans are a common culprit), swallowing air, some artificial sweeteners - all of these can cause gas issues for some people.