Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

“Silent” GERD!!!

So my ENT diagnosed me with silent GERD. Never heard of such a thing. Had a revision in May 2020 due to hernia and GERD. Had to revised twice more in June due to some complications. Have been feeling fine then boom, come July I feel a lump
In my throat. No heartburn. At my ent visit for another issue with dizziness she did a scope and said it’s acid in the throat. Not the esophagus. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️
Don’t have a single symptom of typical heartburn just this lump. Feels like something stuck. Like a pill. I can drink and eat with no issues.
It’s getting worse so she put me on Pepcid 40
At night time.
Anyone have this. What did you do for it. It’s so annoying.

I had gerd preop and they put rnyers here on gerd 40 mg daily already so just what you are already doing plus i try not to eat too close to laying down. If you want a luxury item get a wedge pillow for bed 😁

I feel for you. I had terrible gerd and it caused ulcers in my esophagus. but when I had my hernia operated on it went away. Now I have the occasional gerd due to a change from gastric bypass to DS Sips, the switch from pouch to sleeve. Probably you had it going the other way.

I take a daily Nexium. Which works well for me.

I hope you get better soon.

Doesn’t feel like the typical heartburn though. It’s weird feeling. Now it’s more than annoying. I just called surgeon and SNT and left messages. I know feel like my throat is closing up. Doesn’t matter what I eat either. It’s constant.

Have your thyroid checked. A lot of times when it is slightly swollen it will cause you to cough ,or "choke" or have. a hard time swallowing. Even fluids can do this. This happened with both my parents long before the thyroid started to "bulge" out of the neck. It was hypothyroidism. I hope this helps and I pray that this is just a fluke and don't cause you any further issues. Good Luck 🙏