Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! Never eat too fast!

Oh my gosh! I'm not kidding. I've read it a 100x the pain you will be in if you eat too fast or too much.

I'm extremely positive and have been so blessed with zero complications. So understand me when I say DO NOT EAT TOO FAST and STOP EATING NO MATTER WHAT if you are full. I

In my case, I'm in Phase 3 which for me is soft foods. I can barely get through my two ounces of Protein. And forget about the 1/4 cup of veggies. I'm thrilled. I'm NOT complaining because this is good and what I want (duh). I'm just warning you if you're even thinking about pushing yourself to eat what you're supposed to eat a certain amount, but can't just STOP. Just keep your logs and tell your doctor or nutritionist if it's too a major pattern.

Just now, I didn't even push myself. Out of habit from my previous ways of eating I lost my ever loving mind for 2 seconds and just stuffed in a full bite. Wow! Our brains are so tricky. In recovery, I once heard someone say our brains have good forgetters. Lol. They sure do. In a split second decision you can bring a world of hurt to your life in many ways.

Lots of love you guys!

OMG! I just did this last night. A SINGLE egg and a turkey sausage (both of which I have eaten for the last week with no issues). I don't think I have ever been so miserable in my life. I think I moaned for about 2 hours before I wasn't miserable. In my case, I think I did two things:

1- Drank Water up until about 10 minutes before I ate.

2 - Ate too fast.

Like you, no complications, no issues (other than Constipation the first week), and progressing to foods just fine. I swear you just gave the best advice EVER. Knowing me, I'm sure this will happen again, but I can assure you not anytime in the near future. Hope you're feeling better!

30 minutes ago, MandoGetsSleeved said:

OMG! I just did this last night. A SINGLE egg and a turkey sausage (both of which I have eaten for the last week with no issues). I don't think I have ever been so miserable in my life. I think I moaned for about 2 hours before I wasn't miserable. In my case, I think I did two things:

2 - Ate too fast.

Like you, no complications, no issues (other than constipation the first week), and progressing to foods just fine. I swear you just gave the best advice EVER. Knowing me, I'm sure this will happen again, but I can assure you not anytime in the near future. Hope you're feeling better!

Muah! You are sweet. I'm so sorry you had to experience this, too. It was clearly awful, right? I was begging God like in my drinking days when I was young. It's awful, right? But glad we hopefully learned from this. At this point in my life I thank the Lord for anything that happens because we can always help others. I'll be his guinea 🐖. The Constipation is annoying. How'd you fix that? Glad you are better today. ;)

Well...I under estimated my ability to process Protein. I figured if I was off pain meds my system would work just fine. NOPE. After 4 days and nearly passing out I finally got some relief. Now I take my Colace faithfully twice a day. Once I start eating more veggies I hope to eliminate those.

Haha on the begging! I was praying for nausea. I think I walked about 5k steps to just try and get some relief.

4 hours ago, MandoGetsSleeved said:

2 - Ate too fast.

Like you, no complications, no issues (other than constipation the first week), and progressing to foods just fine. I swear you just gave the best advice EVER. Knowing me, I'm sure this will happen again, but I can assure you not anytime in the near future. Hope you're feeling better!

This might be my problem. I just posted about purées not going well, but perhaps some of my discord is self induced by eating too fast.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:20 PM, MandoGetsSleeved said:

Well...I under estimated my ability to process Protein. I figured if I was off pain meds my system would work just fine. NOPE. After 4 days and nearly passing out I finally got some relief. Now I take my Colace faithfully twice a day. Once I start eating more veggies I hope to eliminate those.

Haha on the begging! I was praying for nausea. I think I walked about 5k steps to just try and get some relief.

Oh man! So glad you figured out something to take. I haven't heard of Colace. I will look that up. I can't ever get to my veggies so I'm going to buy some greens powder with my Water.