Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cranky & Sick of Headaches

Having a crummy day and it's becoming a ritual:

I do well until about 2 PM (I'm entering week 7), which at this point, besides having plenty of Fluid intake (I'm talking 30-40 oz by this time) and eating the designated foods, I get the *worst* headaches. It's debilitating and often comes along with dizziness and body pain. I remember this feeling from back in the day when I used to try and cut calories and would be depriving my body.

The only thing that helps remotely is for me to take a bite of some kind of carb-a piece of fruit, a bite of whole wheat Pasta, etc. My body is obviously having an issue with the drastic sugar/carb cut, and I'm wondering if this is beneficial or doable since it seems to be the only real solution. (Meds don't help, my Water intake it fine, my diet is fine, etc.)

Has anyone experienced this and still lost weight while making small sacrifices? I honestly can't take the headaches they're borderline Migraines. (To reiterate- water is not the problem. I'm getting between 64-84 oz a day.)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Keatsy said:

Having a crummy day and it's becoming a ritual:

I do well until about 2 PM (I'm entering week 7), which at this point, besides having plenty of Fluid intake (I'm talking 30-40 oz by this time) and eating the designated foods, I get the *worst* headaches. It's debilitating and often comes along with dizziness and body pain. I remember this feeling from back in the day when I used to try and cut calories and would be depriving my body.

The only thing that helps remotely is for me to take a bite of some kind of carb-a piece of fruit, a bite of whole wheat Pasta, etc. My body is obviously having an issue with the drastic sugar/carb cut, and I'm wondering if this is beneficial or doable since it seems to be the only real solution. (Meds don't help, my Water intake it fine, my diet is fine, etc.)

Has anyone experienced this and still lost weight while making small sacrifices? I honestly can't take the headaches they're borderline Migraines. (To reiterate- Water is not the problem. I'm getting between 64-84 oz a day.)

What is wrong with having a bit of fruit if that helps your headache? But my nut and my surgeon include fruit in their guidelines (they are not affiliated with each other). I make my smoothies with a half a banana and will have another small piece of fruit later in the day. Today it was 7 delicious blackberries. In fact, I think I will have another few now. 😊

Hope things start to get better for you!

6 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

What is wrong with having a bit of fruit if that helps your headache? But my nut and my surgeon include fruit in their guidelines (they are not affiliated with each other). I make my smoothies with a half a banana and will have another small piece of fruit later in the day. Today it was 7 delicious blackberries. In fact, I think I will have another few now. 😊

Hope things start to get better for you!

Legit. I think my nutritionist is...not the best. You can see me whining in other posts-but-she really demonizes fruit.

10 minutes ago, Keatsy said:

Legit. I think my nutritionist is...not the best. You can see me whining in other posts-but-she really demonizes fruit.

Eat the fruit. My nut is great and when I showed her my food log, she suggested I eat more fruit. Done! Had a pretty big workout today and those blackberries are yum! 😋

33 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Eat the fruit. My nut is great and when I showed her my food log, she suggested I eat more fruit. Done! Had a pretty big workout today and those blackberries are yum! 😋

Actually, berries are a fantastic idea. Thanks for the input.

NO ONE EVER GOT FAT EATING FRUIT!!! Blows my mind some nutritionist really discourage fruit. Ive had fruit since month one. I use to get those head aches too. A banana was always my go to. Hope it gets better for you!!

11 hours ago, Keatsy said:

some of them do because of the sugar in it. These tend to be those who work at clinics that stress an ultra-low-carb post-op diet (mine wasn't one of those, fortunately - they're into a more balanced approach). Although even some of those low-carb diet pushers are OK with a few berries, since they're low-glycemic. I didn't eat bananas for quite awhile after surgery (but mostly because they became sickeningly sweet to me post-surgery), but I did throw a few berries on my morning yogurt starting pretty early out..