Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m suddenly panicking. Surgery is the 15th. I’ve been on a liquid diet since Tuesday. The nutritionist told me that I could have a banana during the day if I needed sowmthing. Now reading other things, I’m afraid doing that has messed up my liver shrinking?? I’ve had one to two bananas a day since Tuesday. Please tell me I haven’t messed up?

On 09/13/2020 at 15:32, brwneyedgrl96 said:

I’m suddenly panicking. Surgery is the 15th. I’ve been on a liquid diet since Tuesday. The nutritionist told me that I could have a banana during the day if I needed sowmthing. Now reading other things, I’m afraid doing that has messed up my liver shrinking?? I’ve had one to two bananas a day since Tuesday. Please tell me I haven’t messed up?

You will be fine the pre diet is all about your surgeon preference. Most drs allow you some real food at least once a day. A banana should be fine or they wouldn’t tell you you could have it. This was my pre diet. You will be fine

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

On 09/13/2020 at 15:15, IWantTheDream said:

You will be fine the pre diet is all about your surgeon preference. Most drs allow you some real food at least once a day. A banana should be fine or they wouldn’t tell you you could have it. This was my pre diet. You will be fine

Thank you!! You helped calm me down 😅😅 I’m starvingggg lol

1 hour ago, brwneyedgrl96 said:

I did the preop diet. Four days prior to surgery i had little ceasars pizza and breadsticks. The remaining 3 days i went liquid shakes only and the doc said my liver looked fine.

On 09/13/2020 at 14:32, brwneyedgrl96 said:

I had the same worry. My pre op diet was extremely strict 2weeks. Two times before surgery I had about a half cup of rice with a spicy oily Tomato sauce. I was so scared. Hospital said was fine. My Surgeon told me before I went under that there is no silly question or anything that will make them mad & not to be afraid to ask them ANYTHING! I’m glad because I asked more than I may have after surgery had he not said that! Greatest luck to you!

On 09/13/2020 at 16:24, brwneyedgrl96 said:

Thank you!! You helped calm me down 😅😅 I’m starvingggg lol

I know what you mean. By the time I went in for surgery I felt like I could have eaten a burger the size of a car. Lol then I had surgery n really didn’t want to eat but by the Time I went through the three weeks of liquid n then full liquids I was going crazy to chew something. I felt insane at times then you eat like three bites and your full. Now I am almost 2 1/2 months post op n I get hungry now. I really wish I was like most people that are not hungry at all but I still cannot eat more than 4oz max. But just get through it its horrible and it’s all a mind over matter game. Stay strong and remember the long term goal. You got this congratulations you are in the home stretch for the new you!

18 hours ago, IWantTheDream said:

I know what you mean. By the time I went in for surgery I felt like I could have eaten a burger the size of a car. Lol then I had surgery n really didn’t want to eat but by the Time I went through the three weeks of liquid n then full liquids I was going crazy to chew something. I felt insane at times then you eat like three bites and your full. Now I am almost 2 1/2 months post op n I get hungry now. I really wish I was like most people that are not hungry at all but I still cannot eat more than 4oz max. But just get through it its horrible and it’s all a mind over matter game. Stay strong and remember the long term goal. You got this congratulations you are in the home stretch for the new you!

Definitely get the feeling my eyes are bigger than my stomach lol

On 09/13/2020 at 16:15, IWantTheDream said:

Oh my goodness, I wish this was my pre op diet. I’m on day two of my two week diet and my surgeon allows only Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. No food whatsoever. I’m dying over here 😩😭🤦🏻‍♀️