Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This may be extremely commonplace, but did anyone have an incision that was closed & stitched to your abdominal wall so that your stomach looks indented in that spot? Besides general soreness in my stomach, that incision is the only place that hurts & boy, does it hurt! The surgeon said that incision was the one used to cut out the stomach, remove it, & work the staple gun. But I’m not sure why they had to stitch it to my abdominal wall. Once it feels better, I’ll be feeling great.

Totally normal! The pain fades after a little while. I had surgery on 8/31 and now I barely notice the stitch! It’s a little sore, but not painful at all. Use an ice pack whenever you can, it helps a ton!

2 hours ago, RainbowBrite57 said:

This may be extremely commonplace, but did anyone have an incision that was closed & stitched to your abdominal wall so that your stomach looks indented in that spot? Besides general soreness in my stomach, that incision is the only place that hurts & boy, does it hurt! The surgeon said that incision was the one used to cut out the stomach, remove it, & work the staple gun. But I’m not sure why they had to stitch it to my abdominal wall. Once it feels better, I’ll be feeling great.

I had long limb rny but have the same spot as you there was one stitch inside and open on the outside. She said thats where the staple gun went in. She told me they put one inside to encourage it to close but leave the outside open so it can drain out if it needs to. I have a few open still. I dont know if that stitch is attached to ab wall she made it sound like its on the incisiom itself but just from the inside of the cut. It is painful but heating pad helps. Mine does not appear indented yet

I had surgery 7/23 and mine is still slightly indented. At first I couldn’t tell, but now I’m sure that it won’t be permanent. It was the incision that hurt the most. It’s still a tiny bit tender (inside - not tender to the touch), but that might be my imagination? It looked so weird when I first came home that I assumed that my surgeon just wasn’t concerned with the outward appearance of things. Now I think it’s just a temporary issue that goes away at different rates for different people.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, RainbowBrite57 said:

I too have this intention, and it’s the only area where I still feel discomfort. Feels like the internal incision is pulling. My two week post op visit is in two days, hopefully it will be gone by then. The pain has gotten better, but I’m down to my last three tramadol. I have tried to manage with Tylenol and it does not eliminate the pain like the tramadol, at least not for me.