Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reality Is Setting In

I got a call late yesterday about my ride to get my covid test on Monday for my surgery....that means it is only 4 days away, I am excitedly nervous and anxious. I have had to rescheduled the surgery about 5 times after the first attempt failed a year ago and can't believe it is actually going to happen this time. I can't wait to get it done and get on with my life!!!!

How exciting!!!!!

4 hours ago, OnMyWay1956 said:

I got a call late yesterday about my ride to get my covid test on Monday for my surgery....that means it is only 4 days away, I am excitedly nervous and anxious. I have had to rescheduled the surgery about 5 times after the first attempt failed a year ago and can't believe it is actually going to happen this time. I can't wait to get it done and get on with my life!!!!

Congrats are you all packed 🐝

37 minutes ago, tarotcardreader said:

Congrats are you all packed 🐝

I just came back from Walgreen's and got some travel size stuff to take with me. I am going to pack tomorrow. What did you find helpful that you took to the hospital and what did you take that was useless?

12 minutes ago, OnMyWay1956 said:

I just came back from Walgreen's and got some travel size stuff to take with me. I am going to pack tomorrow. What did you find helpful that you took to the hospital and what did you take that was useless?

hair brush, phone, phone charger, deoderant, chapstick, toothbrush, toothpaste (and cpap w distilled Water if you have one). However, the hospital provided toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, a minty chapstick had I not have brought my own. It's a really short stay (mine was 4 days). Wear the outfit you go home in to the surgery (loose and comfortable) then you dont need to pack second outfit. Wear their gown until you are about to check out because the incisions and drains can leak. mine did soaking entire side of gowns. They will give you little mesh panties while you are there so i didnt even need to pack any except to have a going home outfit. It was hard carrying everything out due to covid no visitors were allowed so I had to have one nurse push my chair and the other push the cart with bag on it.

I brought several books to the hospital but found that I was too exhausted to read them. I mostly just slept.

I was only in the hospital for one night, so I really didn't need much. Here's what I used:

• Comfortable pants (with a loose waistband that won't bother your incisions) and underwear to wear while I walked around the hospital (since the gowns can be skimpy in the back)
  • Phone and charger
  • Tablet (just for something to do -- you can bring books, knitting, or whatever you like to do to pass the time)
  • Hairbrush
  • Deodorant
  • Listerine breath strips (be careful with these -- I got oral thrush after surgery, probably because I used too many of the breath strips and they killed off the good bacteria in my mouth)
  • Water Enhancer (makes it easier to drink water)

I just wore the same clothes to go home as I wore to the hospital. I wore Crocs to the hospital so I could wear them when I walked around and so I could wear them home without having to deal with putting on socks.

Out of everything I packed, I used my chapstick, lotion, & phone/charger the most. I had a 2 day hospital stay.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, sweetsmith78 said:

Gas x strips for ride home

I couldnt find these here but my nurse at hospital gave me drops of it while there so that was awesome. Surgeon did approve chewables for post op as well