Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For what and in what quantities.

An occasional bit of honey isn't going to hurt you, but if you are doing low sugar or carbs, it does have a lot of sugar in it.

8 hours ago, sweetsmith78 said:

What's your thoughts on raw organic honey?

In the end it's sugar just like other sugars. If you want to use it within sensible amounts as a sweetener or a spread is up to you.

Why???? I didn't go down the sugar road until almost a year out. Then I could control a bit now and then. You don't need sugar.

I am an avid hot tea drinker, not only for enjoyment but for the health benefits many teas offer. Green teas, herbal teas, you name it. On a day to day basis, I drink my tea with no sweetener. However, honey has medicinal benefits (especially raw, organic honey that is locally harvested). So, when I feel like my immune system needs a little boost, I'll add a little raw, organic honey to my tea. It's especially good with a slice of lemon.

2 hours ago, S@ssen@ch said:

I am an avid hot tea drinker, not only for enjoyment but for the health benefits many teas offer. Green teas, herbal teas, you name it. On a day to day basis, I drink my tea with no sweetener. However, honey has medicinal benefits (especially raw, organic honey that is locally harvested). So, when I feel like my immune system needs a little boost, I'll add a little raw, organic honey to my tea. It's especially good with a slice of lemon.

I was told to not drink caffeine so I drink caffeine-free ice tea. If you're taking your Vitamins your body has all it needs. Honey is sugar, this is not good for you. I put a slice of lemon in my tea. Watch what teas you drink as you are now taking a slew of vitamins and they may not be friends. My thyroid medicine is affected by them and we are trying to figure out a new schedule.

I have honey once in a while (mostly in Desserts, and maybe in some entree or other)...but I didn’t start until after I was done with weight loss.

Up date.. my opinion on raw natural honey. I was at a three week stall. I figured I needed to up my Protein and Water intake. So im drinking Protein Shakes, and 1 pint water with 1/4 cup of honey Daily. To my surprise woke up this morning to see a 4 lbs weightloss for the week. Finding that raw organic honey is not bad. In my opinion.

Im going to continue to drink honey water when I want something different then just plain water. I'll keep this updated.

There is nothing magical about raw honey that would cause any one to lose weight, it is very likely that you were due for a whoosh of weight loss anyway after a three week stall.

20 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

There is nothing magical about raw honey that would cause any one to lose weight, it is very likely that you were due for a whoosh of weight loss anyway after a three week stall.

Was not using honey as an herbal remedy for weightloss. Simply using raw organic honey as a natural flavor for my Water. 😇.