Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is pasta really taboo?

I am having a similar problem as yourself. Eleven days out, nothing is appealing to me, and I am struggling to eat. I did the two teaspoons of hummus dinner too the other day and thought, I can't live like this! I am on purees and honestly, I don't know how babies do it!

food has no evil intent. It's just food. It is what our relationship to it and how our bodies react to it that matters. So I think there is no "good" or "bad" foods. I think it is important to keep in mind that the rules of eating in the initial stages are averages from studying hundreds of patients. None of it is usually tailored to your specific physiology, so you have to try things and see how you react. The only hard and fast rule is GO SLOW. You want to try your husband's lasagna, try a tiny amount and wait to see how it sits with you. If you can tolerate it, cool! If not, well, it isn't on the menu just yet for you and it may never be.

There is an inherent level of risk in going through this process, so you have to make the decision what level of risk you are comfortable with when reintroducing food. Some things you try will make you ill, so mentally prepare for that but don't beat yourself up over it. We are all relearning.