Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All aboard the Hot Mess Express, y’all

I’m 3 years out, and proud of my weight loss so far, but my biggest fear is regain. I’m hardcore struggling right now. I actually think I’m going to try a reset, but I know I need some support before I do start to put weight back on. I have Beachbody on Demand, the Fit52 app, MyFitnessPal, and I just started a free trial of Noom (which I’m definitely canceling before it ends)...I have all of these tools at my fingertips and I’m currently laying in bed, watching Love After Lockup, contemplating a snack. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Y’all. Anyone else currently riding the struggle bus??

I just made a virtual appointment with my dietician. Good luck to you!

Thanks Jess, good luck to you too! Forever a work in progress 🤷🏻‍♀️😘

pretty much every day. After the first couple of years, it seems to be a lifelong struggle for a lot of us. At least I'm maintaining, but it's a fight every day.

How far out are you, Cat? How do you deal with the struggle and reign yourself back in?

1 hour ago, Jilly16 said:

How far out are you, Cat? How do you deal with the struggle and reign yourself back in?

5 years and 4 months out. Yes - I do manage to rein myself in - but it's not always easy. I have an acceptable weight range and once I hit my top limit, it's all hands on deck until I get comfortably back in range. I really do have to be "on a diet" every day of my life to keep my weight where it's at. I can go overboard for a day or two once in awhile with no harm done, but then if I don't get on top of it, my weight will start going up pretty quickly. When I'm trying to pull it back in, I try to stay out of the house as much as I can - and I keep things around like sugar free Jello, baby carrots, grapes, sugar free popsicles, gum, various herbal teas. I just always know in the back of my mind that I could easily become obese again if I don't monitor myself pretty much all the time - and I know how hard it is to lose weight once it's back on again...so that helps keep me in line, too

Well I appreciate your response. I totally agree, I have to actively think about and monitor every single day - even when I know I’m screwing up. Hoping this reset helps. And this group. I’ve got to start tracking again too. And working out consistently. 🤦🏻‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Jilly16 said:

Well I appreciate your response. I totally agree, I have to actively think about and monitor every single day - even when I know I’m screwing up. Hoping this reset helps. And this group. I’ve got to start tracking again too. And working out consistently. 🤦🏻‍♀️

yep - I still track every day.

another thing that sometimes stops mindless eating (at least for me) - I'll eat a big bowl of bran Cereal (like All-Bran or Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal). With unsweetened almond milk and some artificial sweetener, like Splenda. All that fiber is super filling (although if you're not used to that much fiber, you don't want to overdo it - you could be miserable 12 hours later!)