Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO sick of protein!!!!

I am beyond sick of Protein. I cannot even manage to eat more protein atm. I just wanna sick my face in a fruit salad and bathe in something that is NOT protein! So when I can't eat fats and I can't eat sugar this is a pickled finker. What to doo...

That's all. Thanks for the rant🤣

I eat a small amount of fruit each day, and a small bowl of popcorn is my evening snack. I think these things can be regularly incorporated in to a healthy, post WLS diet. Talk with your nutritionist about adding them in! Keeps me sane and on track not being too extreme. I do get in my 70-80 grams of Protein every day, and keep my calories I check, but balance for me is key to keeping me happy and not feeling completely deprived.

10 hours ago, MsMocie said:

What to doo..

Eat that fruit.

If you're concerned about Protein, even when it's only one or two days you might not need your intake: drink a shake, then eat your fruit.

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Eat that fruit.

If you're concerned about Protein, even when it's only one or two days you might not need your intake: drink a shake, then eat your fruit.

I am more concerned it turns into a habit over time not eating adequant Protein

5 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

I am more concerned it turns into a habit over time not eating adequant Protein

You can choose eating the way you're eating now and continue being sick of it (maybe or maybe not being so sick of it one day that all hell breaks loose) or you can choose getting over the fear that eating some fruit will lead to the habit of not getting enough Protein in.

How much protein are you eating now? You're quite short so when applying the rule of app. 1 g protein per 1 kg of normal weight you won't need more than maybe 55 g a day max.

However, in the end the choice is always yours.

16 hours ago, MsMocie said:

I am beyond sick of Protein. I cannot even manage to eat more Protein atm. I just wanna sick my face in a fruit salad and bathe in something that is NOT protein! So when I can't eat fats and I can't eat sugar this is a pickled finker. What to doo...

That's all. Thanks for the rant🤣

Sorry you are struggling in this area. This will pass. I order from bariatric pal to meet Vitamins, Protein intake and all tastes good without struggling. Protein is good for your muscles during this weight loss process.

1 hour ago, Napua said:

Sorry you are struggling in this area. This will pass. I order from bariatric pal to meet Vitamins, Protein intake and all tastes good without struggling. Protein is good for your muscles during this weight loss process.

I have a master as a dietitian. And I am over a year out,

I mixed it up on the way down - But sorry I love Protein, As long as you are getting a balanced diet go heavy on day on the fruit who really cares this is not suppose to be miserable Just my view

On 9/11/2020 at 3:24 AM, MsMocie said:

I have a master as a dietitian. And I am over a year out,

Boy what a curse lol now you get to see how the patients feel following these diets lol. Hang in there I hope it gets better