Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

o gosh im such a moroon! still posting on Nov thread.

You guys Have to remind me!

Me too! I am so effective at being an idiot sometimes! LOL I was wondering where you were, JM!

Thanks for the compliment, WHOS...much appreciated! I'm not afraid I'll get big and muscle-bound...I know it's not physically possible for women unless steroids are involved like you said. I do want some serious "girl muscle", though! But I am proud to say that my arms are getting really lean and the biceps and triceps are starting to get some real definition! It's paying off! Now if my thighs would just respond the same...many womens' nemesis.

Did an hour and a half at the gym today on biceps/triceps after 120 crunches. 52 miles on the bike....legs are SO SORE from the gym Tuesday, or I would have gone further.

52 miles, holy crap! You are my hero....I am not worthy!!!!!!

But really, I'm hoping to get back to spin class saturday, but I've been saying that for about a month now. We'll see what happens.

You're so silly! But seriously, I need to keep up my distance if I'm going to make that 150 mile ride in May. It's not my legs I worry about, but how long I can stay in the saddle.

Yeah, you need to get your behind back to spin class, missy! I need to sign up for one of those to see what that's all about. I hear so many people on this site talk about it, but I've never seen one.

You're doing good with your trainer, though! I have a couple of questions. How do you like working out with a trainer? What all do they do for/with you? Is this a long-term thing for you, or are you getting an education on what to do then going on your own? From what I understand, a lot of people always use a trainer, but I'm just foreign to it, I guess. I signed up with one then cancelled when I hooked up with my workout partner. He's even more addicted than I am, knows tons and pushes me to do more and makes sure I do the moves right. If I couldn't work out with him, I'd consider getting a trainer for sure, depending on what you think. (You're the only person I know of with one.)

I actually really love my trainer because she'll answer any question that I have about exercise and food, but we've become friendly so while I'm working out we talk about other things, and I don't really feel like I'm working out, even though I'm dripping with sweat. And it makes me accountable. Even though I've been a complete slacker lately, I still make it twice a week to see her. And she always asks me what else I've done, cardio etc, and what I'm eating, etc. She also asks about other things going on in my life, that I would never think it would contribute to overall health, like how many hours I've slept.

If you have a workout partner that you enjoy working with, don't give that up. All the exercises we do, are really basic things. One week we'll use the weight machines at the gym, other weeks we'll grab 3lb, 5lb, and 8lb weights and do all kinds of things. The toughest weeks are when we're working with free weights and she makes me do, say, bicep curls for 1 minute with 8lb weights, 1 minute with 5lb weights, then 1 minute with 3lb weights. Its HARD!!!!!! On the machines, she'll make me do an exercise for 5 minutes. I would have never thought to time myself like this. I used to do 3 sets of 12, or the like. And pushups and bicycle crunches. Real pushups, on your toes. Jeezzzz. But these are all things that I could do on my own, I just don't have the motivation, as you can see by my lack of cardio!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see everyone is staying so active ;)

I on the other hand have taken some time off. My ankle is just too bad to risk exercise right now. I can't see a doc till next week because of money so I'm stuck for awhile. But it's okay I tell myself. Just a bump in the road. Although secretly I'm a bit panicked about not exercising. Anyways..I'm hoping to get some exercise bands for xmas and some dumb bells so I can start strength training in the mornings a bit when my kid is still asleep. Pleaseee Santa!..lol

O Gosh im sick as a dog. Sinus infection i think. Nice big green things coimng out of every where.

As im poorly i cut it back to exerciseing every other day. Yesterday i ran two miles plus a 5 min walk warm up. Lifted weights for 45mins and swam for 20mins. O gosh the hot tub felt good.

Glad to see you really going at it Stef. Wish i had a workout partner. Maybe one day.

Well my kids want to swim at the Ymca today so maybe ill end up at the gym anyway.

I saw my doc and her wrote my up some kind of penciilan. Its frustrating he NEVER remembers i have a band. At the pharmacy they give the the biggest pills i have ever seen! Ahhhhhh.

O yeah.

Dec 6th was 4 months post band and .................80lbs gone in 4 months!

Yeaaaaaaaah baby. 80 pounds ill never have to carry around again.

You are ROCKIN' Daddy....80lbs??????? That is soooo awesome. Congrats, congrats! What an achievement.

Hey thanks JM! I got a long way to go but its a great start. If i can squeese out 10 pounds a month i would be hugely greatful!

Traveling and exercise is really tuff. Ill be here all week next week and on the road again the week after. Ah well. Hang in there guys.

Hey everyone, what an encuragement you all are. I have been going back to the gym for about three weeks now. last week i was 3/5 days weight training and the eliptical. 2/5 days did my elliptical at home. This week I am 5/5 days elliptical and weight training. 125 ab crunches daily for 3/5 days. I am doing interval training on the elliptical for 30 minutes cool down for 5 and I am burning between 350-400 calories. Today I hit 406. I was totally siked. I am trying to start my passion for exercise again, before school starts back. I am loving how I am beginning to feel. I am excited about the exercise this month. Good luck to everyone. I just have to say that everyone is doing awesome. What a great thread! It's really nice to talk about the exercise.

GO JESS!!!! Welcome to our little group:) I ve seen Jess on chat alot and was even in her town last week. I finaly got home at 2.30am after my flight was delayed about 5 hours! Ahhhh

Today (Say) I did 50 pool laps which was pretty good seeing as i still feel poorly. Tonight im off to a Christmas Party wooo hoooo. Party on Jon!

Jess and the rest of you are doing fantastic. Lets exercise right though the Holiday and loose weight instead of gaining!