Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for October 2020?

Hello everyone,

I'm also checking in to see how everyone is doing. I had VSG 10/16/20 with a surgery day weight of 213, today I am 162. My weight loss seems to be slowing down. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I'm not sure if it is the norm but I have only lost 3-4 lbs in the last month. I grateful for that but was used to more weight loss. I must say that I am trying more foods and wonder if that is why the weight loss has slowed. Looking forward to hearing back, be blessed y'all 🙏

On 4/4/2021 at 4:57 PM, Lilfootie said:

Hi Everyone - Just checking in! I am currently 152lbs (5’3”, 10/19 surgery, 213 Day of Surgery). Stopped doing extra exercise in Feb due to continued issues with my upper back. It got really bad. I had an X-ray and I have a slight curve to the left in my thoracic spine - not big enough to concern the doctor yet (no visible tumors or anything), but it’s probably the reason for my pain and numbness. Going to start PT next week or the week after. My hair is still falling out, although it is slowing down a lot. I chopped my hair to a bob and it looks way better, but I still have to be careful where I part my hair lol! I am not allowed Snacks or more food than 1/2 cup for my 3 meals, so I was wondering how you all are getting in calories? I am anywhere between 550 and 800 per day. I have started having food cravings again, but not hunger (except for the day before my period!!! Eek!). I have tried adding higher fat foods like olive oil, Peanut Butter, real butter, but it doesn’t take me too far. I am not sensitive to fatty foods. I also noticed that peanuts trigger a stall for a couple of days, even during “losing periods” (I stall for much of the month and then lose rapidly for 5-10 days at a time). I wonder if I am sensitive to them? How is

Checking in to see how everyone else is doing....as for me...day of surgery I was at 222 and current weight 169. I feel great I’ve come such a long way. Now is when I’m excited! My weight continues to come Off kind of funky like it will stall for 2-3 wks even gain and then bang I loose somewhere around 4lbs I’m Ok with that. I’ve been getting nauseous in the morning so I’ve had to change up my routine a little trying to help that situation out. I continue to exercise Monday-Friday and stay active like riding bikes and walking on the weekend. My exercise is still very light as I’m still not eating consistently above 700 calories. I’ve had to incorporate a little more simple carbs into my diet seems I was just not getting enough and blood sugar dropped a couple of times in the past month. My hair lost seems to be on and off. My goal weight is 145lbs I’m so excited that it’s near! I’m struggling with Water intake I can get a good 20oz in me but after mid day I seem to forget to drink! So what’s going on with everyone else?????? Eager to hear how your all doing :)

2 hours ago, Yray said:

Checking in to see how everyone else is doing....as for me...day of surgery I was at 222 and current weight 169. I feel great I’ve come such a long way. Now is when I’m excited! My weight continues to come Off kind of funky like it will stall for 2-3 wks even gain and then bang I loose somewhere around 4lbs I’m Ok with that. I’ve been getting nauseous in the morning so I’ve had to change up my routine a little trying to help that situation out. I continue to exercise Monday-Friday and stay active like riding bikes and walking on the weekend. My exercise is still very light as I’m still not eating consistently above 700 calories. I’ve had to incorporate a little more simple carbs into my diet seems I was just not getting enough and blood sugar dropped a couple of times in the past month. My hair lost seems to be on and off. My goal weight is 145lbs I’m so excited that it’s near! I’m struggling with Water intake I can get a good 20oz in me but after mid day I seem to forget to drink! So what’s going on with everyone else?????? Eager to hear how your all doing :)

Sounds very similar to me. I started at 233 now at 189. I stall for weeks and wooosh, 5 lbs comes off. I have gotten a little too lazy with tracking my calories and Water intake. Working on getting back on track. I have been getting a little more active but its time to start kicking it up a notch. My Hair loss seems to have stopped. Going to keep the short hair cut even if the thickness comes back. I have my checkup with the surgeon tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

On 04/14/2021 at 10:42, chrispat123 said:

Sounds very similar to me. I started at 233 now at 189. I stall for weeks and wooosh, 5 lbs comes off. I have gotten a little too lazy with tracking my calories and Water intake. Working on getting back on track. I have been getting a little more active but its time to start kicking it up a notch. My Hair loss seems to have stopped. Going to keep the short hair cut even if the thickness comes back. I have my checkup with the surgeon tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Congrats!!!

I have been stalled for a couple of months but have kind of fallen off the wagon as far as food choices and know what I need to do. Up my Protein and lower my carbs. I do track my food, maintain minimum of 64 ozs of Water and continue to at minimum walk 30 minutes daily. My weight goes up and down 3 lbs from 150 to 153 and my goal is 145. I think my excess skin probably weighs a few lbs. I am one of those that can eat anything and not dump. :( I don't feel much restriction and am jealous of those that do. I had more when I had the sleeve and so I have to be very, very careful. I am happy that I had the revision as it did successfully get rid of the GERD and heartburn. I did lose and am maintaining a lower weight than I had on the sleeve. With the sleeve I stalled and maintained around 170 whereas with the Roux en x bypass I am maintaining around 150 so I am grateful there. I keep thinking, I should go back to the liver diet and try and lose those last pounds that way? That maybe that would kick start my system?

On 04/27/2021 at 08:58, Coexister said:

I have been stalled for a couple of months but have kind of fallen off the wagon as far as food choices and know what I need to do. Up my Protein and lower my carbs. I do track my food, maintain minimum of 64 ozs of Water and continue to at minimum walk 30 minutes daily. My weight goes up and down 3 lbs from 150 to 153 and my goal is 145. I think my excess skin probably weighs a few lbs. I am one of those that can eat anything and not dump. :( I don't feel much restriction and am jealous of those that do. I had more when I had the sleeve and so I have to be very, very careful. I am happy that I had the revision as it did successfully get rid of the GERD and heartburn. I did lose and am maintaining a lower weight than I had on the sleeve. With the sleeve I stalled and maintained around 170 whereas with the Roux en x bypass I am maintaining around 150 so I am grateful there. I keep thinking, I should go back to the liver diet and try and lose those last pounds that way? That maybe that would kick start my system?

Glad to hear your maintaining at 150. I’ve had a few rough weeks. Someone passing at work and my cousin unexpected dying as well and her death ruled a homicide. So my emotional eating has been EVERYWHERE. I don’t eat things I’m not suppose to I’m just not eating enough of anything. There were days I went without drinking Water. Got myself dehydrated ended in the er with palpitations…this week I’m determined to get back on the bandwagon!!!!!

I have been listening to podcast by Corinne - Losing 100 pounds as she talks about the emotional side of losing weight and how weight loss and keeping it all is a matter of fixing our emotions and fixing the head work. She is amazing! She says it like it is such as don't eat your feelings because feelings aren't hungry and don't need to be fed. You can listen to her podcast for free here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/losing-100-pounds-with-corinne/id1233384453 or check out her No BS weightloss program website here : https://www.phit-n-phat.com/

Curious how everyone is doing? Do you have any new challenges or surprises? Unexpected hobbies or loves?

I’m 5’3” and 130lbs. My weight loss has just started to taper off, which is good, because there are days I feel I look sick (not skinny sick, but like sunken in cheeks and that nonsense). I lost 4 lbs this month. Still eating a half cup of food per meal, but starting to test out a tablespoon more, as I am supposed to be at 1 cup in October and still get really sick feeling any time I eat too much or too fast. Otherwise feeling great! Loving wearing a swimsuit even with my saggy thighs and bum lol! Struggling with night time hunger on days I don’t get my Water in at work. I think part of that is just needing to find ways to get in more calories, and part is that I will stay up super late to finish getting in all my liquids.

hope to hear from you all!

Had my surgery in October 2020. Ilost 73 lbs in the first 7 months and now my weight loss is starting to taper off. I only lost 11 lbs in the last 3 lbs and I am wearinga size 12 but I would like to settle in at wearing a size 10. Have a complicated surgey coming up on August 16 so this might be the reason I feel stuck. I'll see howq it goes after my upcoming surgery/

I had my surgery in the end of October 2020- I’ve lost 100 pounds or so. I’m a size 8ish now- I would like to lose maybe 10-15 more pounds ideally - but I am in the very top of my healthy BMI range and feeling better all the time. My weight loss really slowed down after the first 6 months - but I’m still losing 4-6 pounds each month and I figure I’ll just keep chipping away at it. I have been getting rid of clothing that are too big this week but I’m having a hard time letting go of things- what if I gain weight again! All of this is hard. My mind hasn’t really caught up yet.

Edited by notthetigerking

J hi pes everyone doing? Would love to compare Daily meal journaling with you all

expresso shot 6am
Egg 7am
Protein coffee 7am
Kind bar or fruit / 24 oz of Water with light flavoring 9am
Protein and salad 12pm
cheese stick / 24 oz with cristal light 2pm
Expresso shot 3pm
Veggie protein and sometimes salad/rice 6 pm
Flock chip/ 24oz of water with some light flavor 8pm

How about you guys??? I pretty much can eat anything I want I don’t have a problem with dumping never have. I do get a pain in my stomach and some slime build up when I eat to fat that I have to go to the bathroom and spit it up.

Love to hear from everyone
Started journey at 232 current weight 154

Hey everyone. I haven't been on this page in what seems like forever. I have really been struggling you guys. I stopped losing weight after month 6 and it's really discouraged me. It could be because I started back working so I made excuses for why I couldn't go walk my 2 miles or go to Pilates class or eat healthier choices since I have a sedentary job. I was wondering if anyone else was struggling and what you did to get back on track.

My highest weight was 465lbs and on surgery day I was 457. I got down to 357 and then shot right up to 378lbs. I wasn't really eating if at all when I got to 357 due to my depression. But then I was put on a new med that actually causes its users to gain weight and I was taken off of it. Thank God. I don't eat much and get full fast but I guess like the nutritionist said it still matters what I put in my body.

I hope all my fellow Oct 2020 people are doing great as we approach our 1 year anniversary. FYI I was sleeved on Oct.5,2020

Hey everyone! Just wondering how you all were doing through the holidays. Given the pandemic, this was the first time I’ve seen my extended family since I’ve had surgery and lost a lot
of weight. My family knew I had the surgery and they were very supportive, but the amount of comments I got on my appearance really hurt my feelings. Everyone was telling me how good I looked, and how beautiful I am, and I thought compliments like those would make me happy, but they didn’t. It was just a harsh reminder of how not beautiful and how not good I used to look. Is anyone else experiencing feeling like this? I’m so happy to be where I’m at, but I’m very insecure about my past appearance.

Hi! I can empathise with that. People say - oh, you've lost so much weight, you look great - and then I think - so you;re saying how rubbish I looked before? Even people I don't really know like my dentist's receptionist! It's particularly irritating/upsetting when people make the same comment every time they see me.

I also catch myself thinking about how much time/how many years I spent very overweight and unhealthy, which meant I felt self-conscious and insecure - and then I obsess a bit about how awful I looked for all of that time.

I suppose we just have to try to put all that behind us and just look forward.