Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for October 2020?

5 hours ago, Yray said:

Got a question? How much is everyone else eating like I can have maybe 2-3 oz of Protein and very little vegetable or mash potatoes in one setting. I feel like I’m still not where I should be in that aspect.

I'm pretty similar as well. I try to have a Protein Shake 1st thing in the morning that was I start of with 25-30g of Protein because it's easy to miss the goal. Some days I feel like I'm able to eat a lil more and on others I feel full really fast. My issue is that when I eat the food hurts going down. Not always, but more often then not. Even Fluid hurts sometimes, feels like I'm swallowing a golf ball. My surgeon says that'll go away with time but idk.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:41 PM, Koko.G said:

Just wanting to check in and see if my weight loss is average and falling in line with others who've had VSG in October 2020. I had surgery 10/16 starting weight 213, currently at 183. Down 30 lbs. How is everyone doing?

I had a RNY bypass in late October. My surgery weight was 214 lbs (down from my starting weight of 231 lbs) and I am now 181 lbs, so I've lost 33 lbs. About the same as you! Of course I'd rather have lost more weight, but I think that's a good amount for just over 2 months.

10 hours ago, Yray said:

Got a question? How much is everyone else eating like I can have maybe 2-3 oz of Protein and very little vegetable or mash potatoes in one setting. I feel like I’m still not where I should be in that aspect.

I'm still having to eat little and often - I can't manage more than you're saying in one meal, so I'm getting most of my Protein via a daily shake, protein Water, yoghurt and cottage cheese. I can't tolerate solid meats yet - so can eat minced beef or turkey, but not a piece of meat, I still can't eat eggs and also tinned fish like tuna. Those all just stick. I can get fresh fish down tho. According to my diet plan I should be ok with all of those by now, so I'm hoping it's going to improve.

11 hours ago, Yray said:

My dietitian’s model is: 3 meals per day, no Snacks. one meal - 2oz Protein, 2oz carb. Another meal - 2oz protein, 2oz fruit. Last meal - 2oz protein, 2oz veggie. They want it to be super balanced. I am able to have more protein and less of the others. Often I have veg more than once if I cook with them. I also may have cheese. Right now I am eating a boca burger with fat free cheese and Tomato. I had one egg and 2/3 slice of Ezekiel toast for Breakfast. I can eat 4oz of protein, no problem, but eating more carbs or fruit than 2oz makes me super sleepy.

13 hours ago, Yray said:

I’m interested to know this too. I’m terrible with this.

Happy new year everyone. May 2021 be the best year YET!

More or less this has been my meals:
7am Protein shake
10 am one Scrambled egg with milk this makes it soft
12 2 oz of protein sometimes I’ll have a little veggie or mash
3 snack like cottage cheese, string cheese or Keto friendly snacks
6 2 oz protein sometimes I’ll have a veggie or mash
8 protein shake
Water in between meals and snack

If I’m hungry before bed I’ll usually add a scrambled egg

So question for my Oct Sleeve people. So I had my surgery Oct 26 of 2020 start weight the day before surgery was 212 and I am down to 177 as of today but ive been 177 for the last 5 days. Anyone else haing this issue? Or am I just tripping because its only been 2.5 months since surgery. I may need to stop weighing myself everyday

Mine was October 19.

22 hours ago, Nelle512 said:

So question for my Oct Sleeve people. So I had my surgery Oct 26 of 2020 start weight the day before surgery was 212 and I am down to 177 as of today but ive been 177 for the last 5 days. Anyone else haing this issue? Or am I just tripping because its only been 2.5 months since surgery. I may need to stop weighing myself everyday

I stall ALL the time. I just came out of a 16 day stall. I feel like I lose for two weeks each month and stall for two weeks. It is always around my TOM. My hormones were out of control this month! Last time I came out of a stall I lost 7.5 lbs in 4 days. It is what it is, and I am about the same as other people with my starting weight and height. It’s hard to compare to others when we all have different body chemistry. Some people lose a lot more in the beginning and taper off after 4-6 months, and others seem to lose less at a time, but more consistently for the first year or two. As long as you are following your plan, you will be where you need to be by the end of the first year, even if it is a different trajectory than others.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, Yray said:

Happy new year everyone. May 2021 be the best year YET!

More or less this has been my meals:
7am Protein shake
10 am one Scrambled egg with milk this makes it soft
12 2 oz of Protein sometimes I’ll have a little veggie or mash
3 snack like cottage cheese, string cheese or Keto friendly snacks
6 2 oz protein sometimes I’ll have a veggie or mash
8 protein shake
Water in between meals and snack

If I’m hungry before bed I’ll usually add a scrambled egg

This sounds like what I need to be doing! Thanks for sharing! I have been so so bad with eating the wrong Snacks. I hope I can get back on track!

Anyone feel nauseated after eating? I don’t know if it’s what I’m eating but I’ve been feeling nauseated when I eat and when I don’t eat. Weird....

On 01/12/2021 at 12:38, Nelle512 said:

This happened to me 4 weeks out I was stuck for almost 3 long weeks lol and it happened to me a again now I’ve been stuck for 2 weeks again. I figured it’s my body adjusting.

On 01/17/2021 at 14:22, MamT said:

Anyone feel nauseated after eating? I don’t know if it’s what I’m eating but I’ve been feeling nauseated when I eat and when I don’t eat. Weird....

Yes this happens to me when I eat to fast I hate having the food for so long in my mouth chewing. But when I swallow to fast sure enough I get nauseous:( hope this helps.