Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for October 2020?

I am 16 days post op. Started purred 14 days post op. How’s everyone doing been away for a couple days stated running errands and doing regular life things! Today for Breakfast since I’m on the purée face I am enjoying cream of wheat it’s delicious I made it sweet with vanilla and topping with cinnamon. I’ve lost a toral of

8 days post op and due to start puree on day 11 - I can't wait - I'm so sick of shakes! I'm definitely feeling better now - no gas and starting to get some energy back. Incisions don't look too bad, have a check up on Monday. I've lost 4lbs since surgery, doesn't seem much but I can't do any more so ?

Good Morning, I had my revision to bypass surgery yesterday morning.

When I woke up I had no surgery pain. I was thinking it wasn't done until the GAS damn near killed me and still is. That gas pain ain't no joke, for those of you who haven't gotten surgery yet, make sure you get enough gas relief and walk. I walked around the unit 4 laps yesterday, the nurse told me not to overdo it.... over do it?! I'm walking this damn gas out and preferably out my butt 😁 which by the way isn't happening and the gas is stubborn. I'm belching tho but it's not moving. I did finally pass one little gas out this morning. I saw the doc this morning and he said my stomach was in my esophagus. Now when I get up gravity is taken place with my right incisions I'm using a towel to walk when I get home I'll use my binder

30 minutes ago, Deb9386 said:

8 days post op and due to start puree on day 11 - I can't wait - I'm so sick of shakes! I'm definitely feeling better now - no gas and starting to get some energy back. Incisions don't look too bad, have a check up on Monday. I've lost 4lbs since surgery, doesn't seem much but I can't do any more so ?

Great to hear ! I am sure your body is adapting still (IV fluids make you bloated I hear ) so you will probably lose more later.

Gastric bypass is tomorrow ! Early morning is the operation. Time to face the infamous gas pain.

Two days post op and I'm back home now. Managing pain Ok. The worst pain I had was from the hiatal hernia repair that was done at the same time as the VSG. Wow ouch. It's still hard to take a deep breath. Now I'm just working on getting in enough Clear Liquids to stay hydrated, getting up to walk around, and trying to get some sleep. I can't seem to get comfortable in bed! Hope all the October folks are doing well!

5 hours ago, Yray said:

I am 16 days post op. Started purred 14 days post op. How’s everyone doing been away for a couple days stated running errands and doing regular life things! Today for Breakfast since I’m on the purée face I am enjoying cream of wheat it’s delicious I made it sweet with vanilla and topping with cinnamon. I’ve lost a toral of

Looks like your post was cut little short, but glad to see you are acclimating to the new life and getting around. I have three more days of liquid and can't wait to jump into the next phase. Hopefully the addition of some yogurt will help with the "black tongue" issue I've noticed of late.

3 hours ago, Losin' it in MN said:

Two days post op and I'm back home now. Managing pain Ok. The worst pain I had was from the hiatal hernia repair that was done at the same time as the VSG. Wow ouch. It's still hard to take a deep breath. Now I'm just working on getting in enough Clear Liquids to stay hydrated, getting up to walk around, and trying to get some sleep. I can't seem to get comfortable in bed! Hope all the October folks are doing well!

Thanks for the update and great you are home. Sounds like you are on the right path and the gas will slowly dissipate day after day. I too went through a hiatal and umbilical hernia repair so I feel for you there, but give it time and you'll be over it before you know it. Being a side sleeper, it took me a couple of days but as the pain subsides, you will soon be able to roll around more freely.

4 hours ago, dal101 said:

Gastric bypass is tomorrow ! Early morning is the operation. Time to face the infamous gas pain.

You got this! Looking back it is not that bad and stay positive. Reach out with any questions as its easier when we go through these types of things together.

5 hours ago, bajankat said:

Good Morning, I had my revision to bypass surgery yesterday morning.

When I woke up I had no surgery pain. I was thinking it wasn't done until the GAS damn near killed me and still is. That gas pain ain't no joke, for those of you who haven't gotten surgery yet, make sure you get enough gas relief and walk. I walked around the unit 4 laps yesterday, the nurse told me not to overdo it.... over do it?! I'm walking this damn gas out and preferably out my butt 😁 which by the way isn't happening and the gas is stubborn. I'm belching tho but it's not moving. I did finally pass one little gas out this morning. I saw the doc this morning and he said my stomach was in my esophagus. Now when I get up gravity is taken place with my right incisions I'm using a towel to walk when I get home I'll use my binder

Great that you are keeping your sense of humor. I found it hilarious when in the hospital that my goal for the day was to fart - pardon me, pass gas. Before my surgery, my wife would have likely labeled me as an expert in that department. When it did happen and the nurse asked the next time, I was so very proud to admission I have achieved my goal smiling from ear to ear. Funny how perspectives change based on our environment isn't it where the fart becomes the accomplishment. Great to hear you are well and nice job walking.

5 hours ago, Deb9386 said:

Looks like we are on about the same schedule. While I do not mind the shakes that much (have been drinking Protein Shakes for much of my adult life as a former athlete) I miss chewing, texture, and other flavors. I am ready to move on to different foods. My energy was crud yesterday, but a little bit better today fueled by some coffee.

Our weight loss goals look about the same also so keep it up and see you at the goal line.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, Bibi27 said:

Thanks so much for responding, so far I have her on a good food and exercise schedule. She was feeling very Wel today but that’s because she wasn’t consistent with her Protein Shakes last night and this morning and I’m thinking was getting dehydrated. I was able to get her feeling better with Gatorade and with her Protein shakes😍 I definitely feel and empathize with her pain, but I also need her to understand how important it is to keep up with the diet she was given if not it can be deadly.

Keep things low sugar and low carb and she'll get there. Walk smaller distances at first as she will be weak with the change in the calories. Front loading the Protein will be critical even after the healing process so start that positive behavior now. The first thing I drink in the morning are my 4oz of Protein Shake. The shakes will be the bulk of the calories the first couple weeks so they are a must. Drinking was never a required activity for me before surgery as I would gulp down Water at certain intervals. Now, it is a forced habit I am trying to get into and always keep a full Nalgene bottle by me and sip, sip, sip. Nalgene bottles have a scale on the side so I know how much I am drinking every day. I shoot for an entire bottle per day (32oz) which when combined with the broth, popsicles, coffee, and Protein Shakes usually gets me around the 64 oz daily.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Yray said:

How’s everyone doing...today I’m 12 days post op. I think I relaxed a little too much yesterday and didn’t bother to write down the intake of Water and I might’ve not drinking enough. Paying the consequences was nauseous and my heart rate went up a little bit having a Pedialyte popsicle in hopes that this will make it better!

Keep it up with the liquids. I found using a Nalgene bottle helps. I try to drink at least a full bottle daily while working which is 32oz (marked on the side of the bottle). Finishing the bottle guarantees the minimum of 32oz while black coffee (20oz), Protein Shake (12oz), and broth for dinner carry me to the 64oz range. I'm trying to keep from too much caffeinated coffee (every other day) since caffeine is a diuretic, but it makes such a difference in my energy levels.

Hey everyone- I had my VSG on 10/14 so I'm about 2ish+ weeks out from surgery. It's been good, overall. My pros are: not too much pain, clean and healing incisions, able to walk and move around, and able to (virtual) work. My cons are: lots of air getting caught in my chest (can be painful, but more annoying than anything else), no appetite/desire to drink, and it's been hard to drink Water specifically.

The only lasting annoyance has been the air in chest. I have never naturally burped (never learned or weird anatomy) so it's been hard to get the air out through burping. I've been taking Prilosec and Pepto to help because it's interfering with eating and drinking.

I am 16 days post op (Sleeve) I only lost 14lbs so far. I feel like my clothes are looser but the scale doesn't seem to move. Preop weight was 222. Triple zero greek yogurt for breakfast 2 Protein Shakes and 1/2 cup of heart healthy pea Soup for dinner. I have been getting close to 32ozs of Water. What am I doing wrong??

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app