Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone.

Sorry this is kind of long, I’ll put a TL;DR at the bottom.

I’m trying to see if anyone has had the same issue as me and can help me. I went through BeLiteWeight for my mini bypass. I’m 5 weeks post-op and 23 years old. I was bouncing back pretty quickly and was very excited.
I know someone who went through the same program, and when he saw the diet plan that was given to me he was worried. When he had his surgery several years ago, they were a lot stricter on the diet. The papers they gave me said I could start having soft solid foods at 3 weeks and most regular solid foods at 4. I was let off most dietary restrictions at 5 weeks post-op. So at 3 weeks I could have ANY soft cooked veggies, and I ate a couple pieces of broccoli. Apparently some of it has gotten lodged inside somewhere and I’ve been nauseated for a while now. This weekend I started vomiting, and it has progressively worsened over the last three days. I talked to my dietary coach and all she said was go back to Clear Liquids. That’s what I’m doing, but does anyone have any tips for how to get this out of my pouch so I can stop throwing up? I took anti-nausea meds and threw them up 30 minutes later.

TL;DR I’m 5 weeks post-op and have food stuck in my pouch I guess. Any tips to help me stop throwing up?

Thanks,
Kenna

I read On this forum when this happens people walk alot and it helps

First off. I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Throughout my entire process, my providers stated, "each person is different." I feel they said it a million times. But then they give you these instructions and we try to follow them as if they were written specifically for us. Hence, "each person is different." While you may receive many suggestions on how to resolve, you need to go back to your provider for help. I know of others who required surgical intervention to unlodge food or inpatient observation until the food was able to digest on it's own.

I hope you are able to get your situation resolved very soon.

Here's something from another post. But I heard this only works for Proteins. I may actually get some of this to keep on hand, just in case.

General  Advice.PNG

13 hours ago, kenna_ said:

Hi everyone.

Sorry this is kind of long, I’ll put a TL;DR at the bottom.

I’m trying to see if anyone has had the same issue as me and can help me. I went through BeLiteWeight for my mini bypass. I’m 5 weeks post-op and 23 years old. I was bouncing back pretty quickly and was very excited.
I know someone who went through the same program, and when he saw the diet plan that was given to me he was worried. When he had his surgery several years ago, they were a lot stricter on the diet. The papers they gave me said I could start having soft solid foods at 3 weeks and most regular solid foods at 4. I was let off most dietary restrictions at 5 weeks post-op. So at 3 weeks I could have ANY soft cooked veggies, and I ate a couple pieces of broccoli. Apparently some of it has gotten lodged inside somewhere and I’ve been nauseated for a while now. This weekend I started vomiting, and it has progressively worsened over the last three days. I talked to my dietary coach and all she said was go back to Clear Liquids. That’s what I’m doing, but does anyone have any tips for how to get this out of my pouch so I can stop throwing up? I took anti-nausea meds and threw them up 30 minutes later.

TL;DR I’m 5 weeks post-op and have food stuck in my pouch I guess. Any tips to help me stop throwing up?

Thanks,
Kenna

The advice is solid. The Surgeon would tell you the same. It has to pass on it's own and fluids are usually the best bet, not adding fuel to the fire (other *things* to push it through)

If things get progressively worse over time instead of better (fever, vomiting bright red blood, bright red blood in stool, extreme pain that is not manageable) contact your Surgeon/Coach/Team immediately for more instructions.

Good Luck ♥️