Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, toodlerue said:

What foods are you cleared to eat at one month out?

I have been cleared to eat solids. So chicken, beef anything moist and tender. I can also start adding a little fruits and vegetables.

10 hours ago, NerdySongBird said:

Make sure you chew your food really well and wait between bites before taking another. Also when you have pain and something feels stuck, don't give in to the temptation of drinking Water to get it to go down. Get up and walk, just walk and walk and that'll help your system move it down easier and a little faster to help with the pain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I do think I eat too fast and don't chew enough. I'll walk from now on to help it go down. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Latanya said:

I'm eating chicken but it was not tough. I'm taking small bites but maybe I'm not chewing thoroughly enough. I just had some meatballs and they went down. Maybe its the chicken. I've tried several times but could only manage to get it down a couple of times. How long does it take for it to go down for you? How far out are you from your surgery.

I don't know how far you out but if just had surgery try pureeing all that if you aren't already maybe you just need to go back a step for a little while

5 hours ago, Latanya said:

I'm eating chicken but it was not tough. I'm taking small bites but maybe I'm not chewing thoroughly enough. I just had some meatballs and they went down. Maybe its the chicken. I've tried several times but could only manage to get it down a couple of times. How long does it take for it to go down for you? How far out are you from your surgery.

I'm 8 weeks out. The time it takes for it to go down varies. It's usually just a few minutes, but occasionally it's more like 15-20 minutes. A lot of people have trouble with chicken early on. When I eat chicken, it's canned chicken (very soft), shredded into tiny pieces, with plenty of sauce, and I still have trouble sometimes.

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

I'm 8 weeks out. The time it takes for it to go down varies. It's usually just a few minutes, but occasionally it's more like 15-20 minutes. A lot of people have trouble with chicken early on. When I eat chicken, it's canned chicken (very soft), shredded into tiny pieces, with plenty of sauce, and I still have trouble sometimes.

I bought some ground turkey. I'm going to try that. Hopefully that goes down well.

8 hours ago, Latanya said:

I’m two months out and puked up chicken breast two days ago. I do much better with thighs. I think the breast is too dry and I plan to avoid it for now. It is just too uncomfortable until it comes back up. 🤢 Ground meats were much easier earlier out. My favorites in soft foods were refried Beans and scallops.

I'm 4 years out and I still have to be careful with chicken. Once you've identified a food that is giving you problems, wait a couple of weeks, then try a small amount.

Another suggestion is to try it in a Soup first since it will be much moister.

It was 2 years before I could eat asparagus. Now I can if I consciously chew and only eat the tips.

Check out the Verteran's Forum Thread "Is there Anything you still can't eat?"

On 09/08/2020 at 02:54, NerdySongBird said:

Make sure you chew your food really well and wait between bites before taking another. Also when you have pain and something feels stuck, don't give in to the temptation of drinking Water to get it to go down. Get up and walk, just walk and walk and that'll help your system move it down easier and a little faster to help with the pain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the tip. I made the mistake of sipping Water and it only made it worse. 😩

I had my bariatric sleeve done in July 2020. And have only lost 20 pounds. My husband had this surgery 4 years ago, he still looks great. But I picked up his bad habits. I learned how to, it's called cheating. I have no problem eating chicken, yes you have to eat and chew it up real good or it does feel like it's stuck in chest and it does take a while for it to go down. Some times I feel like the doctor did not take out much of my stomach because I can drink one of those Protein Drinks 11 oz with no problem. My husband took about a hour to get one down. I just can't seem to get back on track. I walk 2.39 miles every morning since my surgery. How can I stop thinking about food. This is crazy, I only need to lose 50 more pounds. I do understand about getting tired of Protein. Anyone else having my kind of problem? I did Keto before I had this surgery, it work for a while, but I gained my 45 pounds back.

I flap my arms and bounce. I know crazy but it works like a charm.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Latanya said:

What do you do when food sits in your chest after you eat? Did you wait for it to go down? Will it go down? It makes me panic and I end up making myself throw up. I'm a month out. Will this continue to happen or will eventually food go down smoothly like its normally suppose to.

I use a baby spoon to take in small amount at a time to prevent food in chest area. No dry food was eaten and is prevented.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, Shryl said:

I had my bariatric sleeve done in July 2020. And have only lost 20 pounds. My husband had this surgery 4 years ago, he still looks great. But I picked up his bad habits. I learned how to, it's called cheating. I have no problem eating chicken, yes you have to eat and chew it up real good or it does feel like it's stuck in chest and it does take a while for it to go down. Some times I feel like the doctor did not take out much of my stomach because I can drink one of those Protein Drinks 11 oz with no problem. My husband took about a hour to get one down. I just can't seem to get back on track. I walk 2.39 miles every morning since my surgery. How can I stop thinking about food. This is crazy, I only need to lose 50 more pounds. I do understand about getting tired of Protein. Anyone else having my kind of problem? I did Keto before I had this surgery, it work for a while, but I gained my 45 pounds back.

Reach out to surgeon for appetite suppressant maybe you need a little help

On 9/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bizbaileymiller said:

I flap my arms and bounce. I know crazy but it works like a charm.

This is best response 😌

13 minutes ago, tarotcardreader said:

This is best response 😌

Thanks!! It’s kind of bizarre but really does work! 🤩