Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Irritable Bowel Movements???

I am three weeks postop. Since merging into my 2nd phase with some mushy foods, I've been having diarrhea for 4 consecutive days. I tried going back to my first phase and even taking Imodium AD tablets to ease the pain. And yes I am getting in plenty of fluids since knowing that diarrhea causes dehydration. Not sure what to do at this time. I am walking up every morning at 6am by this uncomfortable abdominal pain. I only feel better after bowl movement of what it seemw to be Water based. If anyone has experience something similar please help. I will be reaching out to my doctor on Tueaday if this persists.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm wondering if you've developed a food intolerance (??). Some people become lactose intolerant after surgery. It's often temporary - but sometimes not. Although it could be something else (food-related or not). Yes - I'd definitely call the doctor if it persists.

Try putting more Fiber in the mush. And try changing what you eat - it is probably a food intolerance

7 hours ago, PerezL84 said:

I am three weeks postop. Since merging into my 2nd phase with some mushy foods, I've been having diarrhea for 4 consecutive days. I tried going back to my first phase and even taking Imodium AD tablets to ease the pain. And yes I am getting in plenty of fluids since knowing that diarrhea causes dehydration. Not sure what to do at this time. I am walking up every morning at 6am by this uncomfortable abdominal pain. I only feel better after bowl movement of what it seemw to be Water based. If anyone has experience something similar please help. I will be reaching out to my doctor on Tueaday if this persists.

call your dietician they can usually give really good tips for this problem which they have seen many times and actually resolved before I am sure. I hope you get to feeling better.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:40 AM, PerezL84 said:

I am having the exact same issue. I have posted like crazy in the thread called Dumping that is trending. I am also 3 weeks out and as soon as I started purées my morning consists of cramps, chills, sweating and toilet. Sometimes 10 minS, sometimes an hour :(

I was just screened for bacterial infection, negative, so they’re thinking lactose intolerance. What did you do to work through it? I have to be back at work on Monday and I am developing some very negative feelings about the bathroom and eating in general. Today I only got in 250 calories because I was so focus on Water, Gatorade zero, and pedialyte. I’m really just hitting a mental wall. I’ve had 3 or 4 imodiums today and they don’t seem to do anything.