Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Current struggle

Hello everyone! New here but loving the support cause i personally need it and love that im talking to people that can relate!

So currently im 6 days post op. I feel amazing. No issue there..i feel my complete self i feel. A little tender still but not an issue im doing everything i normally would be!

Sooo my current struggle... i mentally want food sooo bad. I want this to pass.. i feel like i have not ate in forever including my 2 week post op diet... lol i feel stupid feeling sad about it..but i am.. and like cooking the family meals and watching them eat all this deliciousness and there i sit with next to nothing! Its depressing tbh. ...i know this is what i want but damn lol..whys it so hard 😩 i scroll through pinterest looking at soft food for the next stage ..it makes me excited. I keep seeing a ricotta bake..i want it SOO bad.. scared some ones gunna crush my dreams n say i cant have it at that stage lol.

Sure im not alone..just venting....

Xoxo

You are so not alone. I'm 4.5 weeks out and that restricted diet was the HARDEST part of this journey by far(and I threw up continuously for the first 18hrs post surgery). But looking back now, it went by quickly. I just tried to focus on some self exploration concerning head hunger and how I used food for comfort, etc etc. Not saying I've got it all figured out, but I tried to use my sadness/depression/longing time in a positive way I guess? It gave me some insight. Also, it just sucks. It's the trenches. But you can do it! Stay positive and focused! It really will be over before you know it.

Ricotta bake definitely fits into the "soft food" stage! It is amazing -- the first thing I got to eat that seemed like "real food." I divide one recipe into 8 pieces. Ricotta bake was my dinner for two straight weeks when I reached the soft food stage. I started adding half an ounce of canned chicken mixed with a tablespoon of marinara sauce.

I live alone, so I am fortunate not to be around other people eating food all the time. I don't know how people do it when they have to watch their families eat. I've just had one hard experience at work where my boss bought lunch for the department to reward my team for a job well done, and it was a food I love but couldn't eat. It was even more difficult because I don't want anyone at work to know I had WLS, so I had to get rid of it without anyone knowing and pretend that I ate it. It was so tough to have something delicious right in front of my face and know that I couldn't eat it, so I feel for you. I do think it gets a little easier once you're past the liquid stage and can eat something resembling real food, things you can chew. Stay strong and look forward to your delicious ricotta bake!

19 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Ricotta bake definitely fits into the "soft food" stage! It is amazing -- the first thing I got to eat that seemed like "real food." I divide one recipe into 8 pieces. Ricotta bake was my dinner for two straight weeks when I reached the soft food stage. I started adding half an ounce of canned chicken mixed with a tablespoon of marinara sauce.

I live alone, so I am fortunate not to be around other people eating food all the time. I don't know how people do it when they have to watch their families eat. I've just had one hard experience at work where my boss bought lunch for the department to reward my team for a job well done, and it was a food I love but couldn't eat. It was even more difficult because I don't want anyone at work to know I had WLS, so I had to get rid of it without anyone knowing and pretend that I ate it. It was so tough to have something delicious right in front of my face and know that I couldn't eat it, so I feel for you. I do think it gets a little easier once you're past the liquid stage and can eat something resembling real food, things you can chew. Stay strong and look forward to your delicious ricotta bake!

Omg yay! Its guna be heaven i know it! Ive got all the things i wanna try saved in my pinterest! (Only a few things cause they will last forever Haha) but still i can not WAIT! Like legit a countdown in my head!

& yassss its so hard. Like even right now... husband just cooked spicy chicken wings... its 10 at night man..lol hes reallllly testing me lol. (Apparently dinner was not enough 😑) me on the other hand..i skipped "dinner" completely.. totally unsatisfying at this point... so ill just keep drinking!

Keep strong! Ive had to pull sneaky moves like that at work too! Ugh. Not to mention..why are all these birthdays happening at the SAME TIME. And get togethers..labor day coming up... rather stay home... my daughter just had her 3rd birthday..i can't tell you how many times ive thought to myself...just lick the frosting..it won't hurt...NOPE! DON'T DO IT SARA! Lol. Or ****...let me lick your fingers 🤣🤣🤣 (desperate..i know! Promise only my sick inner thoughts..id never!)