Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 09/26/2020 at 12:58, tarotcardreader said:

Its not the first time ive seen it on here. Still amazes me that people can get it down

I’m so glad you’re okay but 6 days seems pretty soon. I don’t judge because 2 weeks out I ate a slice of turkey lunch meat. Chewed forever. I was on full liquids & Surgeon made me stay on it for 4 more days. Each of our WLS are like fingerprints, each person is different. What scared me into doing better is a TV show I like “Hot Mess House” & U-tube personality who does Clutterbug, & writes goals & day-timers Cassandra Aarssen almost died. Her liver started shutting down & she had to have her gallbladder out. She says towards the end it was because she ate Taco Bell and pizza. I know at one time or another we have all had something that’s not on surgeons list or had one bite too many, and almost everyone comes out okay but 1% may not. So we have to try to find something to stop the craving. I love the food before & after posts. Lots of good ideas on there. And thanks for y’all who are still on here to help us new WLS folks who are scared or need answers. Plus, It’s super nice of everyone who answers.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I am on day 2, and I have zero interest in meals. All I want is Water. Protein Shake is heavy to me now. Still have 1oz to get down in the next 20 minutes. My mouth has been extremely dry since my Gastric Bypass, so I just keep sipping.

9 hours ago, Morethanaprettyface22 said:

I’m so glad you’re okay but 6 days seems pretty soon. I don’t judge because 2 weeks out I ate a slice of turkey lunch meat. Chewed forever. I was on full liquids & Surgeon made me stay on it for 4 more days. Each of our WLS are like fingerprints, each person is different. What scared me into doing better is a TV show I like “Hot Mess House” & U-tube personality who does Clutterbug, & writes goals & day-timers Cassandra Aarssen almost died. Her liver started shutting down & she had to have her gallbladder out. She says towards the end it was because she ate Taco Bell and pizza. I know at one time or another we have all had something that’s not on surgeons list or had one bite too many, and almost everyone comes out okay but 1% may not. So we have to try to find something to stop the craving. I love the food before & after posts. Lots of good ideas on there. And thanks for y’all who are still on here to help us new WLS folks who are scared or need answers. Plus, It’s super nice of everyone who answers.

I dont like the people on here who try to control who can reply to posts just because they are further out in their journey that they think the new people shouldnt respond. But i will and i do! I dont really care for the food thread because its only a few people with nothing new.

I am amazed they can eat it cause i would hurl due to the density of the item 🌝 i had a nice hurl fest yesterday over a piece of fish when i ate the same tilapia most of last week. One girl on here at a cheeseburger and six nuggets impossible.... 🤢🤮

Edited by tarotcardreader
I decided to add a paragraph space

22 hours ago, The Greater Fool said:

I remember going to my 1 month follow-up. I was still my my 6 weeks of pureed food. The morning of the appointment, I was a little rushed so I took a bite of a banana, chewed thoroughly, and everything went swimmingly. In fact, I was so proud that I told my doc.

I don't remember the exact words of the lecture I received. It as a scathing rebuke of me thinking I knew more about his surgery than he did. He explored my deficits both moral and intellectual. He made it clear that MY decisions got me to needing surgery. What in the blue hell made me think my opinion about the plan was the way to go at this point. That if I can't follow simple rules I will fail both fantastically and completely.

As I said, I don't remember the words, but I got the message loud and clear. Follow the damn rules. Darned if it didn't turn out Doc was right.

So, let's look at the rules the OP not only broke but demolished:

1) During puree stage, EATING a Breakfast sandwich. Why not puree it first? Then you would at least be within that rule;

2) Were the actual foods on your plan? 2 slices of bread? Really?

3) Taking 2 hours to eat it. This is not eating a meal this is like climbing Everest. You were set on conquering this Breakfast sandwich regardless of cost. This is the fast track to not losing weight, and in fact, gaining it back quickly;

Tell the Doc about this post. Maybe he can include it in future documentation on "How not to do it."

It's STILL not too late. *IF* you take the following steps:

1) Talk to your Doc about this 'achievement';

2) Get thee to a mental health professional. Get help.

3) Get back to and stay on plan.

Good luck,

Tek

Yeah i could see mistakes being made due to everyone being in a hurry trying to get the Protein down. Its great to see an old timer on here trying to help and not trying to control who can post! Thanks for your 2c

6 hours ago, Soon2BThinKim said:

I am on day 2, and I have zero interest in meals. All I want is Water. Protein Shake is heavy to me now. Still have 1oz to get down in the next 20 minutes. My mouth has been extremely dry since my Gastric Bypass, so I just keep sipping.

Yeah the density of the food seems impossibl

On 09/27/2020 at 11:33, tarotcardreader said:

I dont like the people on here who try to control who can reply to posts just because they are further out in their journey that they think the new people shouldnt respond. But i will and i do! I dont really care for the food thread because its only a few people with nothing new.

I am amazed they can eat it cause i would hurl due to the density of the item 🌝 i had a nice hurl fest yesterday over a piece of fish when i ate the same tilapia most of last week. One girl on here at a cheeseburger and six nuggets impossible.... 🤢🤮

Who is trying to control who can reply to posts? I see nothing like that on this thread?

If there are too few posters on the food Before and After thread, feel free to contribute.

10 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Who is trying to control who can reply to posts? I see nothing like that on this thread?

If there are too few posters on the food Before and After thread, feel free to contribute.

Heres just one example. As i said i will continue to post everywhere regardless

582E8BB0-0338-4882-8AAE-CD057C844976.jpeg

On 09/27/2020 at 13:33, tarotcardreader said:

I’m sorry, I actual am on full liquids & didn’t mean to control anyone. It’s just kind of dangerous. My surgeon put me back from soft foods back to full liquids & I thought it might help people to try to see if it’s head hunger. Didn’t mean to seem like a know it all or controlling at all because I cheated. I won’t post anything or answer again. Sorry again.

There are many different types of Weight Loss Surgery and I am not an expert on them all. KrissyNY did not identify the type of surgery she had [except under her biography she wrote: SIPS procedure].

The loop duodenal switch, also called the SIPS Procedure, is a modification of the standard duodenal switch operation designed to provide equivalent weight loss with less risk. SIPS stands for Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing, which means that ingested food still passes through the pylorus after a SIPS procedure.

So if there are any members on this board that had this type of surgery, you might speak up about the post-op meal guidelines. Otherwise stop throwing stones at each other and at the OP.

2 hours ago, Morethanaprettyface22 said:

I’m sorry, I actual am on full liquids & didn’t mean to control anyone. It’s just kind of dangerous. My surgeon put me back from soft foods back to full liquids & I thought it might help people to try to see if it’s head hunger. Didn’t mean to seem like a know it all or controlling at all because I cheated. I won’t post anything or answer again. Sorry again.

My post was in response to a post made to me by sillykitty. As for you i just consider it an amazing feet that you could get such a dense item down at all lol i would hurl

17 hours ago, summerset said:

That doesn't really make a difference. The point is that people get flak for "eating off plan".

People "confess" here because they're scared. They know they're going to get flak, but they're scared. Scared, they did some damage. Scared to go to their doctors because it's worse being scolded at the doctor's office than on an internet board. Scared, that they already failed or that they already gambled with their future success and lost.

But most content of this thought train is catastrophizing bullshit.

Now while it's not great to eat "off plan" when being in the early healing phase it's nothing really uncommon. Just look at this board alone.

Giving people flak doesn't help them though. People need encouragement to get up again, dust themselves up and continue doing better than they did before. Self-righteousness and pointing out that you yourself "are sticking 110% to the plan" is helping no one but your own ego (not talking about you personally here, mind you).

I've been looking and simply can't find any posts by anyone that claims 110% compliance, or even 100% compliance. I wonder if you can provide a source. Such [false] claims reveal much about you.

Since honesty = ego, anything else would be a waste of time. It's not worth banging my head against this wall.

Tek

On 8/30/2020 at 12:53 PM, Xx1jpt5xx said:

I dont mind that you ate an egg Mcmuffin. Im more concerned that you said you were hungry 6 days post op. You shouldn't be hungry at all.

Actually I was terribly hungry at that point and the surgeon said it was pretty common

On 8/30/2020 at 12:53 PM, Xx1jpt5xx said:

I dont mind that you ate an egg Mcmuffin. Im more concerned that you said you were hungry 6 days post op. You shouldn't be hungry at all.

This isn't correct information. Many people find themselves with both emotional and physical hunger, anecdotally, more bypass than sleeve if this forum tells us anything.

On 9/26/2020 at 1:54 PM, Scooterbugg said:

I stick to my program and am seeing results. If you want to pat people on the back and say “you ate something pretty bad..but it’s ok” ... that’s called enabling. If you want to enable people go for it..but your just hurting them in the end. Seems to me the OP knew it was wrong to eat it but came here to get approval to defend her decision by asking “Is it ok”..and of course you have people saying “sure it is” or “it could be worse”. But hey...people spend there thousands of $ just to screw up and have people tell them it’s ok..go for it 🤷‍♂️

Well, it's a good thing you never struggled poor decisions otherwise we might see you on this fo...oh wait.