Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes for "soft foods" phase?

Mornin'!

Are there any actual recipes for the "soft foods" phase besides ricotta bake (which Pandemonium so kindly passed along)? I start the next phase on Wednesday and although I've had almost no appetite, I'm hoping that with making something a little more appetizing, I'll be able to get more calories & nutrients in. Currently, I'm only taking in about 300 calories/day - if that.

Thanks!

Hi, I use to consume a lot of hummus and baba ganoush it’s filled with fibers and rich in Omega 3 I managed to lose 96 pounds in the first 6 months my SW was 308 my CW IS 178 I’m 2.6 years from my surgery date still consume a lot of it, remember to do lots of exercise and always consult with your DR

check the blog "The World According to Eggface". She a long-time bariatric patient (and on the board of the Obesity Action Coalition, I believe) and she loves cooking. She has lots of recipes on her blog for all phases.

I just posted these to another thread, but here are some recipes I used for pureed (that are so good I'd eat em during soft too!)

• Blend 1c low-fat ricotta, 1-2 T caramelized onions, and some finely chopped rosemary using a hand blender for a great whipped ricotta dip.
  • Pressure cooked some cannelini Beans and blended with a touch of olive oil, lemon juice and zest for a white bean dip.
  • Scrape vanilla bean seeds & add pod to low-fat milk and steep over low heat. Remove pod, combine with sugar-free cheesecake pudding and a little bit of almond extract. Tasted like an amaretto cheesecake!

For soft foods most of my favorites were fish, but there were a couple of tasty meat recipes as well.

• Combine 1T low-cal cream cheese with either some minced shallot/capers or some everything bagel seasoning and serve with some smoked salmon.
  • Poached fish in a milk broth flavored with leek, shallot, saffron.
  • MD-style crabcakes (toss meat in a metal bowl first and listen for any clinking to pick out shells) with very little filler. These were especially great since you can portion into 2-oz mini crabcakes and freeze, then pull them out to broil as needed.
  • https://leitesculinaria.com/44197/recipes-beef-chili.html This recipe was delicious. It's a ground beef chili that has a very soft consistency designed for topping hot dogs or hamburgers. Has some kick but loaded with flavor.
  • Of course, chicken salad and tuna salad. Chopped up a whole rotisserie chicken and made a couple different types of salads- pesto and curry chicken salad.

Hope you find some inspiration from these ideas!!

I made black Beans in my Instant Pot, then pureed them with a little salsa (if you can handle it). Heat with about 10g of cheese. Delicious

-

Pureed Egg salad - 2 hardboiled eggs, T TBL reduced fat mayo, 1 TBL plain greek yogurt. salt/pepper/ground mustard to taste. Puree.

I was able to eat scrambled eggs, but a lot of folks can't

I did a lot of cottage cheese, tuna pouches, refried Beans. Someone posted if you mix your 4oz cottage cheese with your small pouch of tuna it tastes like tuna salad, I add a big of onion. It really does.

22 hours ago, Double_Me said:

I just posted these to another thread, but here are some recipes I used for pureed (that are so good I'd eat em during soft too!)

• Blend 1c low-fat ricotta, 1-2 T caramelized onions, and some finely chopped rosemary using a hand blender for a great whipped ricotta dip.
  • Pressure cooked some cannelini Beans and blended with a touch of olive oil, lemon juice and zest for a white bean dip.
  • Scrape vanilla bean seeds & add pod to low-fat milk and steep over low heat. Remove pod, combine with sugar-free cheesecake pudding and a little bit of almond extract. Tasted like an amaretto cheesecake!

For soft foods most of my favorites were fish, but there were a couple of tasty meat recipes as well.

• Combine 1T low-cal cream cheese with either some minced shallot/capers or some everything bagel seasoning and serve with some smoked salmon.
  • Poached fish in a milk broth flavored with leek, shallot, saffron.
  • MD-style crabcakes (toss meat in a metal bowl first and listen for any clinking to pick out shells) with very little filler. These were especially great since you can portion into 2-oz mini crabcakes and freeze, then pull them out to broil as needed.
  • https://leitesculinaria.com/44197/recipes-beef-chili.html This recipe was delicious. It's a ground beef chili that has a very soft consistency designed for topping hot dogs or hamburgers. Has some kick but loaded with flavor.
  • Of course, chicken salad and tuna salad. Chopped up a whole rotisserie chicken and made a couple different types of salads- pesto and curry chicken salad.

Hope you find some inspiration from these ideas!!

These all sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!!!!