Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery done by Robot?!?

So I just found out today my surgery will be a robotic sleeve gastrectomy. I may have missed this in prior meeting, I started this journey at the end of June and it has literally all been tele-health and I’m due in surgery Monday. I am a little apprehensive already being nervous to go under anesthesia. Has anyone had their surgery done robotically?? Help!!

I didn't have mine done robotically, but I DID have that option. My surgeons office has three surgeon and one of them does the robotic sugeries. He's also the highest rated. However, he was booked solid until March and wanted my surgery as soon as possible so I went with a different surgeon. He was my original first pick though.

Don't be scared of the robotic surgery. From what I learned you'll actually heal faster and have a better recovery. Embrace it! And congrats on your upcoming surgery!

I had my gastric bypass done robotically. When the surgeon told me about it, he was emphatic that he, the surgeon, would still be performing the surgery, just using the robot to control the instruments. I got the sense that he has encountered people who were concerned about a robot performing their surgery because he said this multiple times. He says that he can do it with or without the robot, but he prefers to use the robot, and I was fine with it because I wanted him to do it the way that was easiest for him!

My surgeon used the Da Vinci robotic surgery system, and I found some videos about it on YouTube. This one shows you a little about how it’s used:

So I just found out today my surgery will be a robotic sleeve gastrectomy. I may have missed this in prior meeting, I started this journey at the end of June and it has literally all been tele-health and I’m due in surgery Monday. I am a little apprehensive already being nervous to go under anesthesia. Has anyone had their surgery done robotically?? Help!!

Yes it is all done with mechanical equipment. New and invasive its suppose to be awesome.watch 600 pd life

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Most laparoscopic surgery is done robotically in major medical centers. It’s actually better. I’ve had robotic gallbladder removal, RNY gastric bypass and hip replacement. The surgeon controls the robotic instruments.

Hello,
I had RNY on July 27,2020 Robotic.
Everything went well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app