Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone,

My surgery is next week and I want to make sure I have everything together. Has anyone tried GENEPRO? Can I start Genepro week 1 after surgery in my Clear Liquids? Has anyone tried Genepro in just plain Water? What are some clear & regular liquids that have been your favorite? I'm not crazy about Powerade Zero but I guess I can try it again. If I cant stomach it before surgery I cant imagine I will be able to after. I need some of your favorite clear liquids such as powered zero, crystal light, Mio, Etc. I also could use some ideas for the full liquids. I know which Protein Drinks I like but I'm lost when it comes to the best Soups, fruit juices, and veg juices. Thanks for your help!

PS I don't cook much so grab and go is best but will make from scratch if I need.

Be careful in the beginning my suggestions are to make Broths and for cold drinks go with the flavor powders and running electrolyte powders - Also wine and vodka are liquids! Ok just havin fun nobody yell at me

I bought a big bag of GENEPRO and I don’t like it. Even though it’s unflavored, it still has a taste, and it’s unpleasant. It’s useful for mixing into purées like refried Beans and mashed cauliflower that cover the taste well enough. I mixed it into broth when I was on Clear Liquids, and I could only add a little bit or it would taste too bad. I never tried it with plain Water, but based on how it tasted in broth, I wouldn’t want to. I did see someone on YouTube making a Protein shot with it (mixing it into a small amount of water and drinking it quickly), but I don’t think I could stand to drink that.

Rather than mixing GenePro into flavored drinks, I would recommend getting clear Protein Drinks. Protein2O is popular. I bought a case of it and I didn’t like it, but I suspect I might have gotten a bad batch or something because every time I drank it, I got solids (the texture of cooked egg whites) precipitating out in my mouth. Premier Protein makes a ready-to-drink clear protein but I haven’t been able to find it where I shop. There are also some clear protein powders on the market, like Syntrax Nectar.

I bought some Bone Broth, but I didn’t care for it much. I ended up preferring broth made from Better than Bouillon (which I already had in my fridge since I use it for recipes). I was able to mix a little GenePro in it without it having too bad of a taste.

One of my favorite protein drinks is protein hot chocolate. I got it in the BariatricPal Store and it was really good. I mix it with warm Fairlife milk for a nice protein boost, I bought a big canister of it on Amazon, but that’s not as good as what I got from BariatricPal. I’ve found that warm liquids go down easier than cold, and the hot chocolate is a nice change of pace from cold Protein Shakes.

sugar free Jello, Beef and chicken broth and of course Protein drinks (Premier Protein Cafe Latte). I also put Enduropacks liquid Electrolytes spray in my crystal light seemed to help with night leg cramps. You can find it on Amazon.

Love genpro it doesn't have much flavor but mixes great in the Protein drinks. I have not added it to other things yet. My nutritionist said only add 1 scoop to the drink so the body can absorb it. If you do 2 scoops and the protein drink it may not be absorbed.

hw 417
sw 351
cw 328
gw 175 cross fingers :)

I use GENEPRO in sugar free pudding for a high Protein treat. I love it. I haven't found many other uses for it though.

I also really like GENEPRO. I tried Gatorade’s new Protein Water as well (it’s Gatorade zero with protein) and I really like it.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:34 AM, Itsmehab said:

Hey Everyone,

My surgery is next week and I want to make sure I have everything together. Has anyone tried GENEPRO? Can I start GENEPRO week 1 after surgery in my Clear Liquids? Has anyone tried Genepro in just plain Water? What are some clear & regular liquids that have been your favorite? I'm not crazy about Powerade Zero but I guess I can try it again. If I cant stomach it before surgery I cant imagine I will be able to after. I need some of your favorite clear liquids such as powered zero, crystal light, Mio, Etc. I also could use some ideas for the full liquids. I know which Protein Drinks I like but I'm lost when it comes to the best Soups, fruit juices, and veg juices. Thanks for your help!

PS I don't cook much so grab and go is best but will make from scratch if I need.

Someone else mentioned it but said they couldn’t find it. They sell Premier Protein clear on Amazon in 12 pack in Peach and fruit punch. It is the only thing that has got me through these first stages meeting Protein and liquid cause it’s in one.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, mattk53 said:

sugar free Jello, Beef and chicken broth and of course Protein drinks (Premier Protein Cafe Latte). I also put Enduropacks liquid Electrolytes spray in my crystal light seemed to help with night leg cramps. You can find it on Amazon.

I believe the cafe late has caffeine and some doctors do not allow that early on cause it’s a diuretic. Just check with your team.