Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Ate too much! Pain in the middle.

Oh my gosh I feel so sick. No vomiting but feel stomach pain and burping a lot. Please tell me this will go away? I’m 15 days post RNY.

Just wait it out... it will feel better.. It took me like 2 hours to feel better after overeating in the beginning. I rarely overeat now, but I did tonight and I am paying for it now.. just laying down waiting for the pain to subside.

Just wait it out... it will feel better.. It took me like 2 hours to feel better after overeating in the beginning. I rarely overeat now, but I did tonight and I am paying for it now.. just laying down waiting for the pain to subside.

I'm in the hospital. My symptoms became much worse after my post. They did a cat scan and I have a blockage. They gave me morphine and zofran. It fel better until they needed me ri drink contrast solution. The pain came back and I was given more morphine. I ended up having a severe panic attack and they medicated me for that. I'm just waiting for my do for to tell me how they will proceed from here.

Sent from my SM-A102U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in the hospital. My symptoms became much worse after my post. They did a cat scan and I have a blockage. They gave me morphine and zofran. It fel better until they needed me ri drink contrast solution. The pain came back and I was given more morphine. I ended up having a severe panic attack and they medicated me for that. I'm just waiting for my do for to tell me how they will proceed from here.

Hang in there. You are in the right place.

Sent using BariatricPal mobile app

A couple of days ago i ended up sending for an ambulance as i thought i was having a heart attack. Blood tests confirmed my heart is very much ok. But....the dc said i had experienced an esophagus spasm. Im at a loss of how or why it happened. Im 5 month in and now scared to eat.

I hope you both better soon 👍

Hoping you're starting to feel better this morning!

Hoping and praying that you feel better soon!! Hang in there!

OMG! That is terrible! Hope you feel better. Please keep us posted. 🤗

Hoping you feel better soon! 🤗

Hello all. I am in a room in the hospital and the doctor felt I had a temporary obstruction from eating canned fish that wasn’t moist enough with mayo. He is trying me back at square one with Clear Liquids tonight. I was so petrified because of the uncontrollable vomiting. I also got drenched from head to toe with sweat. I screwed up by eating too much at a time I ate at least five ounces of salmon in less then an hour. Too overconfident! Plus I don’t pay attention when I eat. I watch television at the same time. No more of that! Very scary experience!

So glad it’s nothing serious. Thanks for updating us!! Considering I’m getting ready to try tuna next week, I will DEFINITELY go SLOW and measure based you your experience. Hope tonight goes well for you.

57 minutes ago, perfektlynrml said:

Hello all. I am in a room in the hospital and the doctor felt I had a temporary obstruction from eating canned fish that wasn’t moist enough with mayo. He is trying me back at square one with Clear Liquids tonight. I was so petrified because of the uncontrollable vomiting. I also got drenched from head to toe with sweat. I screwed up by eating too much at a time I ate at least five ounces of salmon in less then an hour. Too overconfident! Plus I don’t pay attention when I eat. I watch television at the same time. No more of that! Very scary experience!

Oh no. I've done that before too! Not paying attention to how much I was eating... it takes a minute to get to your stomach and by that time - it is too late. I am so glad it wasn't something major. Just take it easy and keep us updated.

I'm reintroducing fluids again. It feels like when I first drank fluids after surgery. Accumulating lots of gas despite slow sips from the medicine cups. I am an excellent in walking so I got up and moved around. I didn't have the strong pain that I had yesterday after less then two medicine cups of Fluid. So I guess the doctor is on the right track in suggesting it was a temporary blockage. I honestly don't want anyone to experience what I want through. I didn't follow the guidelines and it made me sick. I can't bring myself to admit to the doctor that I snuck a few scallops the day before yesterday. I chewed them well but they are not appropriate for this stage. I tasted them coming back up undigested when I was vomiting a whole twenty four hours later. I could have really hurt myself. I'm ashamed.

I’m so glad to hear that you are doing well! Don’t be ashamed. Our bodies sometimes feel better than we thought and we thought we can speed up the process. We all just have to respect the process and know that along with the doctors, nutritionists and ourselves we will succeed! 🤗

And now my period started after so long, My body thinks it’s getting younger.