Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for September 2020?

My RnY has FINALLY been scheduled for September 2nd. I was just about to get a surgery date in March when my state shut down due to COVID19.

I wasn't a bit nervous earlier this year when I thought I would be getting surgery in April, but now I am like, AAAAAAAAAAGH! 😱😱

My surgeon told me I will be in the OR for twice as long because I had a fundoplication surgery before and they have to undo that first. He also said I shouldn't be surprised if I have complications due to previous scarring from the fundoplication and my two kidney transplants (there is a whole lot o' things going on in there) But I am praying that I will miraculously come through with no problems. God is good.

So yeah,😏 I could use a buddy.

Mine is Sept 8th! Starting liquid diet Tuesday! COVID test in a week! I’m so ready.

10 minutes ago, Jose Fialho said:

My surgery is sept 2 , getting a little nervous

Same here. Still questioning if I am doing the right thing. I am so afraid that I will cause myself more health problems. But I am trying to just take it one moment at a time.

Sept 1st here!
I’m so scared.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:47 AM, ByeByeBandHelloBypass said:

I am having a revision from Lap-Band to Bypass on Sept 14th. I'm sooo ready to have the band gone but I'm nervous as heck to have the bypass, excited as well. I'm all over the place! 😀

Me too! I’m scheduled for October 14. Do you have to have an endoscopy before your surgery? My doc wants to make sure there are no surprises with the lap band removal on the day of surgery. 😳 I’m looking forward to getting this weight under control once & for all but...yes I’m scared too.

Hey guys! :)

how long did it take from your 1st appointment to scheduling surgery?

Wishing you all every success in your surgery

9 hours ago, Kerryp22 said:

Hey guys! :)

About 3 months

14 hours ago, MrsW6505 said:

Sept 9 for me and Sept 23 for my husband! We are super excited to take this journey as we have tried everything you can think of over the past 10 years together. We have over 300lbs combined to loose and we are determined!

Blessings on both of your heads!

On 8/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, Kerryp22 said:

Hey guys!

If it hadn't been for the lockdown, it would have taken about 3 months. Now I am scheduled for Sept. 2, so 6 months in all. A tip: Try to schedule as many of the tests as you can into as few days as possible. It was a real pain in my butt to go back and forth for the various appointments and tests!

Edited by drawingdami
spelling