Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I still can't drink water

I had a similar problem. Powerade zero and Gatorade zero helped a bunch. I also had a lot of luck with broths as well.

Being able to drink Water by itself again came back around 3-4 months after surgery. Just try and stay hydrated any day you can.

Ya Water made me feel queezy. Took me like 3 months to tolerate room temp water. Im 6 months out and still really can't do cold water. I mostly drink gatorade zero

Try a straw even though they say no. It helps me to get more Water in and I’m not experiencing extra gas.

Try different temperatures as well as different no calorie drinks as you may be able to tolerate them better...peppermint tea, herbal teas, fruit fusion teas etc.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:49 PM, D kae225 said:

Omg, it's getting so hard and acid reflux. Im feeling like I'm doing something wrong

Sip don't drink. You can count your Protein Drink as fluids, broth, I did caffeine-free tea with a twist of lemon. Any Fluid counts. Don't drink just sip.

I had surgery 8/11 and when I drink Water I get pain in my “gut” till it passes through. I love water, especially ice water. I’m a bit bummed but hopefully I will be able to drink it again soon. 😕

I can drink most anything else. Low sugar apple juice seems the best.

Yall, I want a Pepsi so bad. Somebody tell me what will happen if I drink a soda.. I've been doing well surgery was June 24th. I can't eat none of t be foods I like Water makes me nauseous

Edited by D kae225

Carbonated drinks are not so so good to drink at this stage, the gas bubbles will fill your small stomach.

If you can't drink Water try it at different temperatures see if that works, add small amount of flavours with the water - cordial or add a bit of apple juice to it...fruit or herbal teas, etc..basically anything without any calories or bubbles. While Protein water isn't zero calories some people can tolerate it well and it will help top up the protein intake.

Have you tried non carbonated mineral Water? That seems to work better for me.