Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 year surgeversity accomplishments and struggles

Hey guys today is my 3 year surgeversity and let me tell you it's been a crazy journey with many ups and downs!!!

I'm 5'2" I had the sleeve done on aug 16 2017, at age 19. Surgery weight was 275 lbs. At 1 year post op I reached 168 lbs. After that began my struggling I would notice my weight start to go up and I would yoyo diet. I realized that being I was pretty young and naive I never listened to my surgeons instructions and advice. For the last 2 years my weight has been fluctuating between 165 and 185. Typically I'm in the 170's. Although I never even got to a bmi out of obese range when I get to 160's I'm pretty happy. If anyone feels like their surgery isn't a success (which I felt in the past) just look where you came from, yes I'm still obese but I'm 100 pounds lighter!

In feb this year I got really sick I was 177 and I went down to 164. I was so excited and really wanted it to stay there and possibly go down even more but then covid hit... I went back up to 178. 3 weeks ago I started feeling really sick again I had no appetite and crazy abdominal pain. I went down to 174 and eventually went to the er they discovered I had a large hemmorogic cyst on my ovary and they couldn't see blood flow to the ovary. I was rushed into emergency surgery. They tried to do it laparoscopic (small incisions and fill with air) but they couldn't so they made a 6 inch incision. Luckily for me the ovary ended up being fine but recovery has been a struggle. I had crazy swelling of 6 inches around my tummy and severe pain and nausea. Luckily at 2 weeks out the swelling has mostly gone down and I currently weigh 171. But I can not for the life of mine eat I'm super nauseous all the time and have terrible stomach cramps. The only things I can tolerate are chips and Cookies. I'm really worried that once the nausea goes away I'll be used to eating junk and start the trend of gaining weight again. Also I have no energy because my body isn't getting any nutrients I'm on 6 medication because of surgery! Anybody have any ideas for healthy foods while nauseous? I would really appreciate feedback and advice if anyone went through similar experiences.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope you start feeling better soon. You did great work losing so much weight, it's a huge accomplishment.

As for foods to eat while nauseous, can you reach out to your original dietician that you saw before your surgery, if you saw one? Or find one now? It sounds like getting back on some Vitamin and mineral-rich food with Protein that you can tolerate would help.

6 hours ago, chayarg said:

Hey guys today is my 3 year surgeversity and let me tell you it's been a crazy journey with many ups and downs!!!

♥️ HAPPY SURGEVERSARY♥️

I have a real bad relationship with chips, but I found the Quest Protein chips and they are amazing. They have like 4g of carbs and 20g of protein and come in many different flavors...mostly found on Amazon. Quest also has protein Cookies which are pretty good as well and may help with your sweet tooth