Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand new sleeve

Hi there. Definitely new here. I got my sleeve done on Monday August 10th so only two days ago. In the hospital I felt fine i was moving around. Surgery day I got 10oz of Water in after surgery and a few sips of broth they gave me. Second day I had 16oz of water and about 16oz of the crystal light they provided as well as a few sips of broth again. I felt pretty good and i didn't have a lot of pain only after walking a bit and getting up from peeing. They sent me home yesterday saying i was totally okay. Now my surgeon told me it wouldn't be much of a painful recovery. That after a day or two I would be totally pain free. Now its 2 days after surgery and I feel like my pain is worse now than it was in the hospital. It could be due to the fact that I have gas still and haven't been able to move around as much since my house has a flight of stairs at every entrance except the downstairs garage...so im only walking a bit down the hall here and there. Also my bed is relatively low to the ground and getting out of it without some sort of assistance is incredibly painful. How long did your pain last? Also it feels like I'm getting hunger pangs but I'm not sure. Has anyone else experienced this? Also how has everyone been with being around other people eating regularly. For instance my brothers just made a bunch of pizzas and the whole house smells like it. I swear its torture [emoji31]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! I just had mine on the 29th of July. I went home the next day too. I took the norco they provided through day 4 I believe. And I felt like I did need it that whole time. After that, I took Tylenol once or twice and was fine. The hunger rumbles were a HUGE issue for me. But I finally realized that it must have been gas bubbles. I also have 2 little kiddos so I'm constantly preparing food and watching people eat, I just watched them eat Chick fil a for example. And it's hard. It was harder at first. I think I finally turned a corner about 10 days post op with the emotional aspect of other people eating and the hunger rumbles. If you can push through the first two weeks, or however long you're on liquids for, I PROMISE it gets so much better. I ate a cheese stick while they had their (grilled) nuggets and really was mostly fine. Hang in there! It really will get better. Oh, and walk walk walk! But I'm sure you've heard that a million times by now. Hahaha

I'm guessing you may have had a morphine pump in the hospital (or some other narcotic), so that's probably why it felt worse when you got home. It's most likely gas pain - it should work its way out in a few days. The getting in and out of bed thing is common. To be honest, I didn't have any pain at all other than when I was getting in and out of bed. It felt like I'd done 1000 crunches - but that'll go away soon, too.

Trust me on this and every sleever will tell you the same - It is key that you move around, you gotta get the air out. If not you will be uncomfortable - Been there done that i know it sucks but just walk around you house bend over move side to side. You will be a new person once you get the gas out. Also the baby Gas drops work great also.

Hey! We are twins!!

I’m still in a bit of pain. My doctor told me it would be kind of painful for a bit. 1) because of all the gas that is pumped into your stomach during the procedure; & 2) because the medications that they give you during and after surgery are starting to wear off.

I don’t get hunger pains, but I do get jealous watching my mom eat the good foods while I’m eating liquified oatmeal. But let me tell you! We didn’t put our body through hell for it to go to shit over a slice of pizza! Just remember that you are healing! And that in a few weeks you’ll be able to eat it again, but you may not even have a taste for it!