Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a surgery scheduled for 08/25 and I had to do a three week liquid diet the first week I didn't do so well I had some slip ups and this is the start of week 2 how can I keep up with this liquid diet I don't want the surgeon to cancel my surgery and its hard for me to drink 4 Protein Shakes a day or keep drinking Water sometimes I forget to. I just need some help to not mess this chance up.

Going to get blasted for this one. Wine is a liquid

but for real use broth and puree Soups sip all day - it is not easy but you can do it! i found using a nutra bullet and puree soups helped. Home made broth will fill you up and will kill time making it.

set you phone to let you know when to drink the shakes. Make your own also fun and can add fruits and Peanut Butter to them -

4 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

set you phone to let you know when to drink the shakes. Make your own also fun and can add fruits and Peanut Butter to them -

not sure all programs would allow fruit and Peanut Butter to be added to shakes during the liquid diet, though....but you can use things like sugar free syrups to make things more..."exciting" (if that's even possible!)

OP - most of us do have to go through those liquid diets - and yes, it's a huge pain, and you just have to white knuckle it. It does get better for most us by about day 3 or 4. Just grit your teeth and do it - in the end, you'll be happy you did! (I should add that I found the liquid diet the hardest part of the whole process - I was actually relieved the morning of surgery that it was OVER!!)

I used Crystal light lemonade to help get all the Water in. Now 5 months post surgery I actually like just plain water. 🙂. It is worth every bit of it and I would do it again in a heartbeat and wish I had done it earlier.

My surgery is scheduled for 8/19 and I just started my pre-op diet on Saturday as my surgery date was just given to me on Friday. I can only have certain raw veggies, 64oz. of Water & 5 Ensure High Protein Drinks per day. I have to tell you, it's rough. I've only cheated twice - had two slices of turkey lunchmeat one day and half a plain, 1/4lb. hamburger (no bun, seasonings, cheese, or anything else) another day. Since Saturday morning, I've lost 4lb. but I feel miserable. I have headaches, feel lightheaded, am achy, and have had major stomach/bathroom issues. I emailed my dietician this afternoon to see if this is normal as I just feel awful. Hoping she'll let me add some more "solid" food like chicken breast. Good luck - I know it's not easy!

I have surgery 8/17 and I am midstream on the liquid diet. What's really helped me is making my own broth. I went to costco and purchased their rotisserie chicken because all the fat has been drained off. In a large roaster filled to the top with Water. I put all the vegy's and spices and roasted it another 4-5 hours. Strained the liquid gold. Froze the vegy's to puree in the next stage, deboned and froze the very tender chicken also for the puree stage. Put the broth in 1-2 cup portions and froze. I take the broth with a Protein 2o grape or berry clear drink. I only do the shakes 1-2 times a day depending on how I feel. Unjury Protein Powder w/Fairlife skim milk are amazing no aftertaste or cringing to get it down. I blend it with a few ice cubes and it a chocolate shake. Always have a bowl of sugar free Jello and Popsicles on hand. I've done 3 chickens so far have enough in the freezer to get me to my surgery. Also, tonight I made stew for my husband and again filled the roaster with water, meat, vegy's to get broth before I thicken it for his stew so I pretend I'm eating dinner with my spouse.... The protein 2o waters have really saved me much easier to get down. They taste like the Bai drinks to me can't even taste the protein. Hang in there and make it interesting so you will stay engaged and not cheat.