Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I may have a small problem...

I’m currently on my second round of pre-op diet as I had a VSG in December 2019 and am having a revision to RNY in a few days but over the last year I’ve amassed quite a collection of Protein Powder and drinks. I’ve gone through 2 other 2lb tubs of the Syntrax Nectars and I’ve lost count of the Protein Shakes. But yeah, I may be hoarding Protein powder and shakes.

Anyone else do this? I need to know I’m not alone. 😂

44F7968E-F306-4427-971D-C31C014D4B7C.jpeg

Oh yeah, I have an entire cabinet devoted to all my Protein powders and stuff. Equate caramel is my favorite! My coworkers turned me on to it. Sometimes 3 or 4 of us have the same thing for lunch (and they haven't even had WLS). I also like the southwest chili Soup (and I bought the big bag, too, because it was 75% off).

I have a ton of Protein powder - I'm sure I have 10 canisters in my cupboard and a bag or two in my oven (I store things in my oven when I'm not using it so the cats don't get into it!!)

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

(I store things in my oven when I'm not using it so the cats don't get into it!!)

That is hilarious, I thought I was the only one who did that. I did that for years to keep my German Shepherd from getting at stuff... till I moved to a place that had a different door on the oven that he worked out how to open...

29 minutes ago, Pckeys said:

That is hilarious, I thought I was the only one who did that. I did that for years to keep my German Shepherd from getting at stuff... till I moved to a place that had a different door on the oven that he worked out how to open...

I'd be in real trouble if my cats figured that out!!

Yep bought a bunch of powder even before surgery whenever it was on sale ended up giving most of it away

2 hours ago, New&Improved said:

Yep bought a bunch of powder even before surgery whenever it was on sale ended up giving most of it away

Even after my VSG I was still drinking at least one a day, mostly for “breakfast” mixed with coffee seeing as I work nightshift on the weekends and the thought of eating a full blown meal at 3pm when I wake up is a huge turn off.

Yea I still use shakes now even in maintenance...I was just saying I bought so much I had to give some away..

7 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Even after my VSG I was still drinking at least one a day, mostly for “breakfast” mixed with coffee seeing as I work nightshift on the weekends and the thought of eating a full blown meal at 3pm when I wake up is a huge turn off.

I still drink one almost every day. I like them - and they're convenient. Plus I have a higher need for Protein than most WLS patients (100 grams a day), and if I have a Protein Shake as my morning snack, it's pretty easy to get to my protein goal.

7 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Even after my VSG I was still drinking at least one a day, mostly for “breakfast” mixed with coffee

I heard about using the Protein Shakes as coffee creamer on these boards and now it is all I use...you learn the most useful stuff here! But I'd be afraid to store stuff in my oven--I'd forget it was there and turn on the "Preheat"...I HAVE stored things in the microwave since I don't preheat it...

Edited by JRT Mom

I have a shelf in my pantry with 3 or 4 flavors and a canister of unflavored. I always keep some on hand. I use the unflavored when I have yogurt for Breakfast for an extra Protein boost. I typically don't drink Protein Shakes regularly, but I keep the others when I feel I need to re-focus and get back on track.