Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been stuck at 77kgs for over a month. Well, it can fluctuate between 76,5 and 79 on a good day, but average 77kgs.

It is driving me nuts! At 11 months out I never experienced any long stalls and not one I couldn't break by just simply adding some carbs to my diet for a day.

What I know

1. I know it is a stall
  2. I know it is hot outside
  3. I know my body is leaning out though a little slower than I would like
  4. I have tracked my body's cycle and I know when I am supposed to gain some Water and loose some weight during a month
  5. Carbs don't fix it
  6. Water don't fix it
  7. Calories either increase nor decrease don't fix it
  8. Cardio don't fix it
  9. Protein don't fix it (yes I am trying to "fix" this)
  10. The remainder of the fat on my body is situated on the stomach and back. I have no fat on legs, butt and arms
  11. I do stress about this because I don't want to be 77kgs, I want to be 60kgs because I haven't been that light
  12. I did loose 20kgs during lockdown from march to june
  13. I did gain a few kgs water weight when the gyms opened back up which I lost with their friends.
  14. I have added alot of muscle the last 2 months even though my food intake is less than good
  15. I have gotten stronger and had some of the best workouts of my life after gyms opened back up
  16. I started taking creatine about a month ago and suspect it is one of the sinners

I just want the damn scale to budge! Just give me a 76.00kg or something so I know for sure something is happening and that my surgery has stopped working. That is all. Thanks for this rant🤣

I had some really long ones after the year mark. Every time I'd think "this is it - this is as far as my body wants to go", but then it would start up again. It finally did stop for good at about 20 months out (thankfully - because I'd gotten too thin. Although I didn't freak too much because I knew most people have a 10-20 lb regain after hitting bottom)

1 hour ago, MsMocie said:

I've been stuck at 77kgs for over a month. Well, it can fluctuate between 76,5 and 79 on a good day, but average 77kgs.

It is driving me nuts! At 11 months out I never experienced any long stalls and not one I couldn't break by just simply adding some carbs to my diet for a day.

What I know

1. I know it is a stall
  2. I know it is hot outside
  3. I know my body is leaning out though a little slower than I would like
  4. I have tracked my body's cycle and I know when I am supposed to gain some Water and loose some weight during a month
  5. Carbs don't fix it
  6. Water don't fix it
  7. Calories either increase nor decrease don't fix it
  8. Cardio don't fix it
  9. Protein don't fix it (yes I am trying to "fix" this)
  10. The remainder of the fat on my body is situated on the stomach and back. I have no fat on legs, butt and arms
  11. I do stress about this because I don't want to be 77kgs, I want to be 60kgs because I haven't been that light
  12. I did loose 20kgs during lockdown from march to june
  13. I did gain a few kgs water weight when the gyms opened back up which I lost with their friends.
  14. I have added alot of muscle the last 2 months even though my food intake is less than good
  15. I have gotten stronger and had some of the best workouts of my life after gyms opened back up
  16. I started taking creatine about a month ago and suspect it is one of the sinners

I just want the damn scale to budge! Just give me a 76.00kg or something so I know for sure something is happening and that my surgery has stopped working. That is all. Thanks for this rant🤣

It can get frustrating but you must Celebrate your achievements...

But I know how it feels to want to see the numbers go down..

I've come so far since I began its amazing to see but some days I still struggle to remember I'm not fat anymore.. even though I've lost 70kgs there is still a mental issue from being obese for so many years...

44 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Pro Tip 😅:

create-your-own-happiness-calcuilator-as-scale.jpg.edacec4c06aa0bf9229338ba22573659.jpg

I'll try this!

I'd first add, a 1 month or longer stall is not unusual, having said that...

Have you had tour ferritin levels checked? It is next to impossible to lose weight if your ferritin plasma levs have been depleted.

Stalls are hideously frustrating. Even though I liked to think of them as my body playing catch-up & acclimatising to the changes I’d made, I’d still be annoyed.

I’d certainly look into the change of medication but also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So you may have lost weight but it’s been hidden by the muscle gain.

Have faith. You’ve worked so hard to get this far. I’m sure it will start again for you soon.

On 8/9/2020 at 5:08 AM, Arabesque said:

Stalls are hideously frustrating. Even though I liked to think of them as my body playing catch-up & acclimatising to the changes I’d made, I’d still be annoyed.

I’d certainly look into the change of medication but also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So you may have lost weight but it’s been hidden by the muscle gain.

Have faith. You’ve worked so hard to get this far. I’m sure it will start again for you soon.

I decided to be total vigilant about what I eat. To this point I avoided to be vigilant because I know it causes me tons of stress. Besides there was no need, I lost numbers on the scale either way. However, only eating prepacked meals and only that, with exactly weighed up nutriens for two weeks has made me drop 4 kgs. I'll keep the prepping for a few more weeks before trying to go back to eyeballing it - because I get really obsessed when I have gadets to track things with.

Edited by MsMocie