Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not into milk products?

I have not drunk milk in years. Besides just not being into drinking what animals use to increase their babies’ fat, it makes my throat gummy. I just can’t stand to drink milk. So I’m on my pre-op diet and a lot of it is drinking these Protein Shakes. All milk. My throat is back to being all Gummy. I can’t stand it. I can’t clear my throat. Should I just focus on Protein waters? Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone with some suggestions?

Last time I tried any broth’s vegetable or chicken broth, by itself it was terrible. I guess I could try adding Protein powder to it. Thank you for the suggestion

On 08/07/2020 at 22:26, Sandy Milner said:

I have not drunk milk in years. Besides just not being into drinking what animals use to increase their babies’ fat, it makes my throat gummy. I just can’t stand to drink milk. So I’m on my pre-op diet and a lot of it is drinking these Protein Shakes. All milk. My throat is back to being all Gummy. I can’t stand it. I can’t clear my throat. Should I just focus on Protein waters? Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone with some suggestions?

Vega has a berry Protein powder. I normally mix with just Water but it also works well with oat milk or almond milk. It really good with half banana n some mixed frozen berries. Hope this helps. They also have an almond coconut that’s pretty good also.

On 08/07/2020 at 22:26, Sandy Milner said:

I bought Vega at shop rite supermarket or BJS N Amazon.< /p>

Try premixed punch sold at GNC or on Amazon. Isopure. They have several flavors. I did a 2 week liquid diet with Isopure and no shakes.

isopure.jpg

While I don’t stay away from milk & milk products, I should. I was lactose intolerant pre-surgey and it seemed to get worse after. But whatever, I deal, lol.

With that said, I used lactose-free Protein powders MIXED WITH PLAIN Water and a couple teaspoons of instant Decaf coffee crystals...went down (and out!) fine 😁

Though lactose-free doesn’t mean there is no dairy, it may stop that Gummy feeling.

Good Luck!

Sandy,

I'm exactly the same way! I thought I was never going to make it through the initial phase. I thought I had died and went to heaven when I was allowed the broths. I have attached a pic. This brand was the only one I could stand (I prefer vanilla to Chocolate). It's shelf stable and I put what I need in the fridge and store the rest. I put it in the freezer for 20 min. before drinking. Although, you may be a bit sensitive to the cold after surgery, so they say. Also, do try the non-flavored Protein and mix in your food. Congrats!

Unjury.png

12 hours ago, Sandy Milner said:

Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone with some suggestions?

I don't eat dairy as well (neither can't nor want). There are truckloads of vegan and/or dairy free Protein powders available. Unfortunately most of them only seem to be available online, though I guess this depends on the country you're living in and/or if you're living in a big city or in a small town.

The consistency and taste of these powders vary a lot, so what you maybe want to do is getting some samples first before spending big money on a protein powder you abhor. Online shops selling sports nutrition are a good source for this. Some brands sell their whole variety as samples (e. g. profuel sells all their tastes in a sample package or at least they used to do this).

Milk is gross.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:24 AM, ms.sss said:

While I don’t stay away from milk & milk products, I should. I was lactose intolerant pre-surgey and it seemed to get worse after. But whatever, I deal, lol.

With that said, I used lactose-free Protein powders MIXED WITH PLAIN Water and a couple teaspoons of instant Decaf coffee crystals...went down (and out!) fine 😁

Though lactose-free doesn’t mean there is no dairy, it may stop that Gummy feeling.

Good Luck!

What are your fave dairy-free powders? I tried Orgain vegan vanilla and couldn’t stomach it 🤢.