Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, caradine9 said:

Its cool keeping everything down its weird because im developing an appetite

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

A physical appetite or are they mental cravings? I had some mental cravings that made mr think I was hungry at first but it was just the smell of food that was triggering me. My husband is being better about eating stuff I can’t have in another room.

1 minute ago, caradine9 said:

I'm not sure but my wife says she thinks its mental

I have a tip for helping with smelling food and getting hungry. Take a small amount of Vicks and apply in around the bottom of the nostrils. It will block the scent of food or mix with it and make it less attractive. Try to avoid commercials of food. To help me do that I am streaming instead of watching live tv. I think in my case I was easily triggered to eat by smells and sights of food. That didn’t go away even though my stomach can no longer fit the food. Be prepared to make some adjustments to your environment even if it means getting out of the area where food is served until you get used to your new way of eating. Good luck!

Just now, caradine9 said:

Thanks for that I appreciate it

No problem.

2 hours ago, perfektlynrml said:

I don’t want to wear any shabby clothes either. I’m tossing them out. I don’t want to save any big clothes. I know how big I got. I have pictures that cause me great pain to look at. No need to keep the outfits.

You are doing so well! I donated all my wearable fat clothes to Goodwill except one pair of jeans. Every once in a while I pull them out and put them on. I can't believe I was so big, or that I lost so much weight. I refused to be photographed when I was fat so I have nothing but the jeans to go by.

10 hours ago, Foxbins said:

You are doing so well! I donated all my wearable fat clothes to Goodwill except one pair of jeans. Every once in a while I pull them out and put them on. I can't believe I was so big, or that I lost so much weight. I refused to be photographed when I was fat so I have nothing but the jeans to go by.

I have a real problem with looking at pictures of myself at my highest Weight because it makes me feel a sense of detachment. I associate it with being depressed and I’d rather not reflect on it.

Day 24 - trouble with chicken. I’ve been eating fish every night with a yogurt sauce which is very well tolerated. I tried to eat Chipotle’s chopped chicken but found it hard to tolerate. I have to find ways to eat chicken that are easily digested. I don’t like the feeling of the meat going down even if it’s chewed well. I’m going to work on finding recipes this week that are suitable. On the exercise side of things, I did a nice hike today on a nature path. Actually broke a sweat.

Have you tried canned chicken? It’s moist and can be shredded easily. I mix it with sugar free barbecue sauce.

28 minutes ago, Shell4451 said:

Have you tried canned chicken? It’s moist and can be shredded easily. I mix it with sugar free barbecue sauce.

I want to stay away from canned. I found some recipes on this site https://www.yummly.com/recipes?q=minced+chicken&taste-pref-appended=true

1 hour ago, perfektlynrml said:

Day 24 - trouble with chicken. I’ve been eating fish every night with a yogurt sauce which is very well tolerated. I tried to eat Chipotle’s chopped chicken but found it hard to tolerate. I have to find ways to eat chicken that are easily digested. I don’t like the feeling of the meat going down even if it’s chewed well. I’m going to work on finding recipes this week that are suitable. On the exercise side of things, I did a nice hike today on a nature path. Actually broke a sweat.

Hi, Mind if I ask--what is it about the way the meat goes down that you don't like? Does this surgery affect your esophagus? Thanks!

1 minute ago, mlmx1138 said:

Hi, Mind if I ask--what is it about the way the meat goes down that you don't like? Does this surgery affect your esophagus? Thanks!

I think it’s the size of the chicken and amount. It feels like it might get stuck. I don’t think it’s a surgery thing. It might just be a me thing.

Had surgery on the 28th of August, stayed over night and home next day. 3 hour surgery with hiatal hernia repair found by dr doing the surgery. Abdomen discomfort feeling gradually diminishing. The gas in the abdomen after surgery was an ordeal that was remedied with gas release. Named my new tummy Greenie cause she loves liquid green smoothies. Frozen berries and banana, kale, moringa, spinach, hemp seed with Protein Shake. Greenie tolerated mixture well. She enjoys me sipping slowly in small amounts. Good luck to you all.

Im 8 days postop & I know my appetite is 100% mental, I am trying to watch things on streaming tv that don't involve food or ppl eating lol. It only takes one stupid food commercial and I'm sadly missing my old friend the grub hub app (which I deleted two weeks before surgery) lol. I can only tell you what my counselor told me, to ask ppl NOT to order delivery food, if they do eat something you would normally want to do it in another room, I am lucky enough to have my entire family of 3 other adults trying to get healthier currently too and eating healthy foods but still not around me lol. I don't wanna even see solid food yet. I have a large food addiction, not to overeating portions so much but to eating really unhealthy foods 4 to 6 times a day. When I broke my back 4 yrs ago I lost a lot of mobility and began eating for comfort and boredom to the tune of 100 lbs gained. I have battled my weight my entire life with huge losses of over 120 lbs multiple times. At 47 with such pain & decreased mobility surgery was the recommendation of my back surgeon as my back is inoperable. I wish you the best of luck, & you'll know if your hunger is mental, just see how physically hungry you feel just after waking up when you know your stomach is empty vs 15 min later after you drink something with protien in it. PS the protien will help you feel fuller longer & helps stop the cravings too :)