Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Grocery Products

On 10/24/2020 at 4:14 PM, Meadow76 said:

Can we see nutritional information please?

image.png.d36d43df02027f4fa48dd5e2f1171702.pngimage.thumb.png.b059c7bfd54605234efcd522772f19ae.png

I haven't had these, but they look yummy!

Edited by kellym1220

I love these Wasa Crispbreads. Only 20 calories each and they're really yummy with a little melted cheese on top. Great way to have a snack and satisfy my crunchy salty cravings. Also makes for a nice lunch with some tuna or chicken salad on top. They also come in other flavors like rye, flax seed, sourdough etc. but this one is my favorite.

wasa 1.jpg

WASA 2.jpg

Made Pasta with this Hearts of Palms. Closest to consistency of pasta than zoodles or spaghetti squash.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

30 minutes ago, Meadows76 said:

Made Pasta with this Hearts of Palms. Closest to consistency of Pasta than zoodles or spaghetti squash.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

Where did you get that? I love hearts of palm!

Vegan Protein Toasties (I guess you'd call them "English muffins", at least it's a look-alike). Saw them at REWE yesterday. Also whole wheat tortillas. They're hard to find in Germany.

image.png.02ddf7140ceb6c4863d72c20cfc09208.png

image.png.d67dfd85ada16bd5b175d9127d5a86bf.png

You can tell I like the sweet stuff!

lilys.jpg

skinnysyrup.jpg

On 9/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, BigSue said:

Has anybody tried this product? Foster Farms Smart Crust Pizza:

I just saw an ad for it on Facebook, and supposedly a grocery store in my area carries it!

On 9/20/2020 at 6:20 PM, ChubRub said:

I vote that you try it and report back here!!! 🙂

993837195_SmartCrust1.JPG.87b652c9f44b743b408ac448ca5f69c6.JPG

So, I found this pizza in the store a couple of months ago, but I was saving it for a special occasion, and I decided to make it for Thanksgiving dinner. My portion was 1/3 of the pizza (two itty-bitty slices, as pictured above).

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing. It tasted sort of like pizza, but it definitely wasn't the real thing. It was a tiny pizza! It was obvious from the box that it wasn't a full-sized pizza, but it was actually even smaller than the box suggested. The recommended serving size is 1/2 the pizza, and there's no way that would satisfy an adult with a whole stomach. I bought it on sale with a coupon and it was still over $5 for this tiny pizza.

The macros are good for pizza. It's higher in fat than what I normally eat, but also pretty high in Protein and low in carbs. The crust is made of chicken, mozzarella cheese, and egg whites, so it didn't feel wrong to eat it. I baked it in the oven per the instructions. The leftovers, reheated in my air fryer, were actually better. I might buy it again, but not on a regular basis. I think I'll try making a home-made chicken crust before I buy this one again. My overall rating: 3.5/5.

If anyone else is interested in trying it, you can get a coupon for $1.25 off on their web site:

https://www.fosterfarms.com/coupons/

1343554327_SmartCrustNutrition.PNG.a67cb1a3b24949c022e23fc4be0f9c32.PNG

Oooh! I’ve had the foster farms pizza and I can eat a 3rd of it. I really like it but not the sodium content. I get the cheese version and load up on my own toppings like banana peppers, red onion, broccoli, etc. I think that is what made it awesome for me- I love veg on pizza.

On 11/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, kellym1220 said:

Where did you get that? I love hearts of palm!Just be sure to boil hearts of palms to soften up. I then sautéed in pan with sauce & other ingredients as I would for any Pasta dish. Originally bought from Amazon in packets. Then found in my local Publix in cans as angel hair. Have not used that yet.

7907368E-866D-414C-881C-809A63C1A55B.jpeg

Edited by Meadow76

Found these at Walmart for less than $4. They seem really good for a popsicle option. I’ve only tried the blueberry pomegranate so far, but it was really good! My youngest liked them too.

image0.0.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

So many good tips! Just ordered some of the 1g net carb tortillas. I also love the Starkist flavored tuna pouches. No cards and usually 15-20 grams of Protein for 3 oz.

Another Aldi find! This is not super healthy and definitely not meant for those who just had surgery, but OMG these chicken cutlets are amazing. Taste just like Chick-fil-A. I just eat a half of one and I'm stuffed, but for the family, they get a whole one on brioche Buns (also from Aldi) with a couple pickles and they gobble it right up!

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

Edited by ChubRub