Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Grocery Products

33 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Early bird gets the bread 😭

As I understand it, the demand was unexpected. The supplier had to take a hiatus to ramp up their capacity

I bought 4 loaves the first time so I know exactly what is happening once its on the shelf 😂

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I bought 4 loaves the first time so I know exactly what is happening once its on the shelf 😂

I got lucky, I ordered through Instacart and got it the first time I asked.

4 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I got lucky, I ordered through Instacart and got it the first time I asked.

I ordered once from Aldi, they had only 50% of my order and the “fit and active” bread was mega bitter. Work would keep me from getting an order super early. But best for me to avoid bread anyway, I like it FAR too much!

New favorite food. When you just need chocolate. Yum yum not bad for you n it tastes like chocolate fudge brownie.

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

On 8/22/2020 at 11:49 PM, kellym1220 said:

See the source imageI had these last night with some salsa and YUM! The regular chips don't do much for me, but these were really food! I'm going to try and make nachos with them!

It looks like I can get these in Australia via Amazon. I'm definitely giving these a try!

5 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

I also wanted to try it. How much Protein & how much sugar?

I googled it. Don’t remember exact numbers, but very similar to regular hummus. 80 kcals for two Tbsp. When I see it, I’m going to try it.

23 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I googled it. Don’t remember exact numbers, but very similar to regular hummus. 80 kcals for two Tbsp. When I see it, I’m going to try it.

I made some myself. I put in the chickpeas and tahini, but then instead of garlic and lemon, I added unsweetened cocoa powder and artificial sweetener (splenda or Monkfruit - I can't remember which). It was fine -not quite as good as the commercial kind - but it was pretty similar.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:45 AM, Cheeseburgh said:

costco rotisserie chicken is a staple for me. I bought one yesterday and I’d love some ideas for dinner tonight with the leftovers. I have a lot leftover. I tend to make the same things (chicken tacos) and it’s getting boring.

Anyone have ideas? My pantry is stocked to go Thai, Italian, Mexican or stir fry. If anyone has a good curry recipe that would be nice. I always wing it so it’s not consistently good.

I make chicken salad - some mayo or yogurt, and I add fresh halved grapes. Great to take to the office for lunch. I also make Chinese chicken salad - bottled low fat asian dressing, greens of your choice ( I like spring greens ) diced chicken, diced Water chestnuts (very crunchy and low calorie) tablespoon of sliced roasted almonds, chopped green or red onion and you have a lovely restaurant quality salad ! Or I might make riced cauliflower - steam it a bit then toss in a pan with other sautéed vegetables and add diced chicken at the end to heat it up with the rest - sautéed in teriyaki or low sodium soy sauce with a bit of oil so it doesn't stick - or instead of asian sautée in just a bit of oil and add hot sauce and make it Mexican and serve like a tostada with salsa.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:38 AM, sillykitty said:

I had chicken over Greek Pasta salad last night. You could sub the Pasta with like, umm, lettuce? 😂

For curry, I use pastes. I can’t get the right flavor without them. Golden Curry is Japanese & can be found at most grocery stores, at least near me. And for Thai, Mae Ploy off Amazon is pretty amazing. For Indian I’ve used Shan brand powder mixes in the past. I’ve only seen those at Indian Markets though.

I was so lazy last night! I took 3 oz of cold chicken and put it on a piece of Aldi bread and had a few pickles. Bon Appetite!

thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll use them on a day when I’m more inspired.

5 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I was so lazy last night! I took 3 oz of cold chicken and put it on a piece of Aldi bread and had a few pickles. Bon Appetite!

thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll use them on a day when I’m more inspired.

Now this sounds like my kind of meal 🤣

On 08/26/2020 at 09:08, Meadow76 said:

This tastes like brownie batter it is soo good. Loved it with bananas .

image-0.0069141387939453125.jpg

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

I need to find the bread and combine it with the chocolate hummus! My Aldi didn't have it, so will try another Aldi over the weekend. I'm on a mission!!!

12 hours ago, Meadow76 said:

I am scared of having anything that is 80 calories for 2 Tbsp in my house 😂

Edited by AlwaysCruising