Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Grocery Products

@Starwarsandcupcakes I love the numbers for those tortillas, but those were the first of any type that I tried last week and I felt as if I swallowed a fishing boat 😣 I am now 2 months, so hopefully at month 3+ I can manage them better!

@GreenTealael Where did you find the bread? I haven’t been eating bread, but my go to was Nature’s Own light version (pretty good). But would love to try these!

All -

Below are some of the products that I love through my WW years and post Bariatric surgery 😊

I love the G Hughes BBQ sauces also, but the ketchup is like you made it at home for almost no calories; the sausages are yummy and way low calories (check the directions, you must cook them on 50% power!), and the Fudgepops take better and seem more “substantial” than the SF popsicles to me.

7DBE3712-B336-4962-A404-677FFB58E519.jpeg

CFF492A0-4121-4E45-BBD3-1CDD2F70DD31.jpeg

E7C2DC21-6367-4ECA-AE51-80F0537CD72E.png

Edited by AlwaysCruising

7 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

@GreenTealael Where did you find the bread? I haven’t been eating bread, but my go to was Nature’s Own light version (pretty good). But would love to try these

Aldi , but be forewarned. It's hard to find

20200823_004257.gif

15 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Aldi , but be forewarned. It's hard to find

20200823_004257.gif

I can’t figure out if this is the bread that I tried from them. It tasted a little bitter to me BUT it was toasted and underneath a turkey and veggie version of sloppy joe’s so it wasn’t a fair chance even if that bread was the same one. I will try it 😊

Edited by AlwaysCruising

I enhanced this cauliflower crusted pizza I bought @ costco. Added Protein of grilled chicken sausage (can add anything I.e. shrimp), part skim ricotta, reduced fat mozzarella as well as more marinara, sun dried tomatoes & mushrooms. Cooked by air frying which made crust nice & crusty. Totally satisfied any pizza cravings I might have had. No pizza, Pasta, limited carbs in 10.5 lbs. Down 120 lbs. 20 more to go!

95F875B9-E7DB-49C2-816F-FA07928A4339.jpeg

A10BDB95-D5EC-411F-9C22-D30A47BA2353.jpeg

DC0CA1CB-3AC7-4EC2-8BB8-F995DAB9D3FE.jpeg

On 8/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Siggi's yogurt, especially the vanilla and cinnamon and pumpkin spice. 15 grams of protein! and it satisfies my desire for "a little something sweet."

Kibo's chips (I get mine on Amazon). 7 grams of protein; I bring them for lunch frequently to eat with tuna salad or chicken salad instead of any bread. I usually eat 1/2 the bag at lunch, and then save half for a mid day pick me up, with a piece of fruit. See the source image

Just ordered these from Amazon too. Had $10 coupon from FB feed from company as it’s not cheap. But totally worth it. I got assorted pack.

I added imitation crab meat to my egg whites this morning and threw some mozzarella cheese on top. I would have liked to add spinach but I am day one on my soft food diet. Does anyone know if spinach is a good idea? It is soft but stringy so idk.

I am dying for taco shells, wheat tortillas or tortilla chips. They are considered sharp or difficult to digest I am assuming.

My husband made some taco meat so I am adding that to my fat free refried Beans with green chilies and lime.

I also have no-hip nachos. ( beans, taco meat, sour cream, mild guacamole, jalapeños and fresh salsa. The problem is that I am not a bland food eater and spicy foods are not allowed. Needless to say I eat salsa and jalapeños but I guess my gut is accustomed.

costco rotisserie chicken is a staple for me. I bought one yesterday and I’d love some ideas for dinner tonight with the leftovers. I have a lot leftover. I tend to make the same things (chicken tacos) and it’s getting boring.

Anyone have ideas? My pantry is stocked to go Thai, Italian, Mexican or stir fry. If anyone has a good curry recipe that would be nice. I always wing it so it’s not consistently good.

20 hours ago, Addicted said:

I added imitation crab meat to my egg whites this morning and threw some mozzarella cheese on top. I would have liked to add spinach but I am day one on my soft food diet. Does anyone know if spinach is a good idea? It is soft but stringy so idk.

I am dying for taco shells, wheat tortillas or tortilla chips. They are considered sharp or difficult to digest I am assuming.

My husband made some taco meat so I am adding that to my fat free refried Beans with green chilies and lime.

I also have no-hip nachos. ( Beans, taco meat, sour cream, mild guacamole, jalapeños and fresh salsa. The problem is that I am not a bland food eater and spicy foods are not allowed. Needless to say I eat salsa and jalapeños but I guess my gut is accustomed.

I’m not sure but I don’t think it’s a good idea to add too many foods on soft food stage. If you have a problem you will have a harder time narrowing down what bothered you. For sure no on the tortillas! Are you eating taco meat too?
I don’t remember eating anything interesting or vegetables during that stage. Can you call your Nutritionist?

Edited by Cheeseburgh

On 8/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, GreenTealael said:

I'm slightly obsessed with this bread now

k_Edit_IMG_1293.thumb.jpeg.99a957612f6c194e91311e36e2487eb8.jpeg

I finally found it and it looks so weird to see 0 carbs on MFP! It’s decent bread, and super good with jelly.

On 08/25/2020 at 06:53, Cheeseburgh said:

I finally found it and it looks so weird to see 0 carbs on MFP! It’s decent bread, and super good with jelly.

So envious, I have yet to be able to find this at any local Aldi 😭

On 08/25/2020 at 06:45, Cheeseburgh said:

costco rotisserie chicken is a staple for me. I bought one yesterday and I’d love some ideas for dinner tonight with the leftovers. I have a lot leftover. I tend to make the same things (chicken tacos) and it’s getting boring.

Anyone have ideas? My pantry is stocked to go Thai, Italian, Mexican or stir fry. If anyone has a good curry recipe that would be nice. I always wing it so it’s not consistently good.

I had chicken over Greek Pasta salad last night. You could sub the pasta with like, umm, lettuce? 😂

For curry, I use pastes. I can’t get the right flavor without them. Golden Curry is Japanese & can be found at most grocery stores, at least near me. And for Thai, Mae Ploy off Amazon is pretty amazing. For Indian I’ve used Shan brand powder mixes in the past. I’ve only seen those at Indian Markets though.

47 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

So envious, I have yet to be able to find this at any local Aldi 😭

Ok so I went to Aldi late yesterday and they were out of it. So of course I stalked an associate to ask when it would be back in stock and she told me they get shipment EVERYDAY and it's so popular it's gone by mid morning

But they just began restocking the bread again after a hiatus...no clue why

Edited by GreenTealael

On 08/25/2020 at 07:49, GreenTealael said:

Ok so I went to Aldi late yesterday and they were out of it. So of course I stalked an associate to ask when it would be back in stock and she told me they get shipment EVERYDAY and it's so popular it's gone by mid morning

But they just began restocking the bread again after a hiatus...no clue why

Early bird gets the bread 😭

As I understand it, the demand was unexpected. The supplier had to take a hiatus to ramp up their capacity