Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So you have lost 9lb in less than three weeks?

So many variables and you haven't completed your profile. What is your height, surgery day weight, did you lose a lot of weight in the weeks leading up to surgery? What is your daily menu right now, are you getting your fluids in?

You way also want to search on here for the term three week stall, not everyone stalls at three weeks but generally as people progress through the post op food stages some will stall as their body adjusts to the weight already lost and the new foods.

Regardless of the answers to the questions above, I think 9lb is pretty good, nothing only about it.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

When did you have your surgery? I've had multiple stalls in the six months since my surgery and just got over one today after losing 1 pound... -_-" But hey, weight loss is weight loss and I've lost 85 pounds in 6 months so it does add up. Part of my issue though is hypothyroidism. I've had to have my meds changed twice already and now I'm thinking I need them upped again. I'll have to ask my PCP to test my thyroid levels again.

I had surgery on the 7/14 I’m on soft foods I’m definitely just not losing I’ve been Stuck On 249 I was 259 on 7/14 I feel like I should be having better results it’s so disappointing

hey there-I had mine on 7/14 as well-you've lost 10 lbs! I have lost 8.....let's be patient because I think this is a bizarre experience that really does require a whole lot of following the rules-I feel like its my fault because i didnt pay close enough attention to how much and what I can take in-a friend of mine who also had this surgery years ago tells me this is normal-also I feel like i try harder everyday to be precise about my intake and exercise-hoping for another two lbs this week

I am 5'5 and my starting weight was 183.3 - and i am down 8.2lbs. I figured it is my fault-but now I think this is just how it works....i hope

It’s good to hear I’m not alone! I’m barely consuming 500 calories a day and that’s bc the two Protein Shakes I take: I read so many other people losing so much so fast I’m stuck at the same weight for an entire week... my dr found it odd too but told me to let’s see what happens at my next appointment in two weeks
I was told no exercise for 6 weeks not that I’m looking forward to it lol but I’m walking a lot so I’m surprised my results aren’t more but maybe this is how it happens I’m trying to be positive

Try to be patient. I know it's hard but everyone loses weight at their own pace. I had an ESG on June 19th and at my 2 week post op, Dr. said I should be losing only 1 to 2 pounds a week from that point on since my starting bmi was in the low 30's. Make sure to follow your meal plan and success will follow. I know it can be a bummer not seeing the scale move more. If I could snap my fingers and be thin tomorrow I would. But I can't so I will have to be happy with 1 to 2 pounds a week. Hang in there! You are not alone!!!

I lost 16 lbs my first MONTH and started off at almost 400 lbs (and people who start at higher BMI's tend to lose faster). You are doing just fine! Don't worry about it. As long as you're gradually trending down, you're good.

p.s. also, if you haven't lost in a week, then you're in the infamous three-week stall - right on time! Most of us experience that. Do a search on it on this site - last time I checked, there were 17,500 posts on it (and no, I am NOT kidding). Just stick to your plan - the stall will break and you'll be well on your way again. Stalls usually last 1-3 weeks.

Edited by catwoman7

Losing 10lbs in three weeks is worth celebrating. You’re doing well. Some people will lose more but it’s often because they have a lot more to lose to begin (that’s why those on my 600lb life can lose 25-30lbs a month to begin). Losing 2-3lbs a week is great.

It is likely you’re experiencing a stall or slow down. It’s very common in week 3 (though it can happen in weeks 2 or 4) & you’ll experience more along your journey. I think of them as your body playing catch-up with the changes - to diet, activity, etc.