Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 years post op and have huge REGRET!

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

that was my first thought when I saw this. He's B-A-A-A-C-K! And ruder than ever!

Lordt I thought the same thing 🤣

11 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Please don't hide any potential problem from a provider.

Seek a second or third opinion from new provider if you need to, but please don't ever sit in silence when your health is a concern ♥️

I know I shouldn’t be holding back but I’m terrified they will want to go back in. I’m going to ask a few local friends where they went for their surgery & hope it’s not my hospital. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to go back to that hospital ever again. (I had an issue a few months earlier where they took an ovary out thinking it was my appendix). I need to be more proactive. I’m thinking of contacting my dietician first. Maybe I should contact my insurance co too? Very stressful.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine41! said:

I know I shouldn’t be holding back but I’m terrified they will want to go back in. I’m going to ask a few local friends where they went for their surgery & hope it’s not my hospital. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to go back to that hospital ever again. (I had an issue a few months earlier where they took an ovary out thinking it was my appendix). I need to be more proactive. I’m thinking of contacting my dietician first. Maybe I should contact my insurance co too? Very stressful.

And a lawyer... Definitely fight for your health and seek other medical opinions ♥️

On 8/14/2020 at 1:01 PM, BigSue said:

I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account. Even with his old account, he changed the name at least a few times.

he's back again - posing as a woman.

6 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

he's back again - posing as a woman.

That's what I initially was afraid of, but I'm not sure. Attitudes are similar, but their patterns of "speech" are miles apart.

Plus, he wouldn't be able to go more than an hour without touting his amazing success at losing weight.

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

That's what I initially was afraid of, but I'm not sure. Attitudes are similar, but their patterns of "speech" are miles apart.

Plus, he wouldn't be able to go more than an hour without touting his amazing success at losing weight.

Yeah, I don't think it's him either.

@Zinthis : apologies in advance if you are not whom the masses think you are. We had a resident troll that was recently booted off the island and your "tough love" advice was eerily reminiscent of his posts. Please don't be scared off!

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, I don't think it's him either.

@Zinthis : apologies in advance if you are not whom the masses think you are. We had a resident troll that was recently booted off the island and your "tough love" advice was eerily reminiscent of his posts. Please don't be scared off!

lol no worries I am very used to people not liking what I have to say. And no I am not this guy yall think I seem like, I am not a troll just someone that has no filters and honestly speaks truth even if it is hard to hear. I only said what I said because the sleeve surgery is bashed in like all the FB groups I am in because of posts like this....so many people are lead to believe the sleeve is bad when it is not. Many people go on to have sleeve with no issues. Pointing out the poster was also at fault makes sure that those that are less informed will hopefully make sure they do more research into the weight loss surgery as well as the possible surgeon before going into such a life changing surgery. That is something that should have been included, but the poster did not seem as through they felt any of the blame was on themselves in the situation as well.
Thank you for the apology though! :3 I am not here to cause trouble, I just like people to have more than just one sided information....it scares people.

@Zinthis you could have gotten your point across in a kinder way. @ Addicted is correct. Most new people are gracious.

@Zinthis, It is against forum guidelines to shame people for their choice of surgery.

image.png.a1dd9759f8c1271a10865c15808075f8.png

On 8/18/2020 at 5:15 AM, MsMocie said:

It also has a much hight "fail rate" meaning that more people convert from sleeve to RYN than RYN people convert to DS. Also with a limited weightloss. Not hating on sleeve, but I spent quite a lot of time reading on this subject, and there is pretty much agreement on that sleeve does not fit people that have commodities to begin with. Works for some, for others no.

To be fair, the sleeve only produces about 5% less weight loss than RNY. At least according to my surgeon.

Edited by colormehappy

On 8/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, Sunshine41! said:

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this Heather. I had Sleeve surgery almost 4 weeks ago. I had a horrible experience. I ended up in the hospital for 8 days, was in ICU, had a 2nd surgery 2 days later, needed multiple blood transfusions and had a drain in me. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not yet. If it wasn't for one very wonderful nurse I don't think I'd be here right now. They didn't even tell my husband what was happening or that I had to go in for a 2nd surgery. The last i texted him was that they were getting ready to give me a blood transfusion. After that it was a blur, and I had no access to my phone. He had no idea what was happening until I'd been out of the 2nd surgery and was in ICU. (and because in a rare moment of clarity I asked if anyone had contacted my husband) I was terrified and alone. I could hear the nurses the first night saying how terrible I looked and they kept taking my blood pressure which was down to 76/54. I still have pain when I swallow and my surgeon said there was a small hiatal hernia he found in the 2nd surgery. I'm too terrified to complain about anything to my surgeon because I never want to be opened back up again. I definitely don't want to go back to the same hospital, not sure I want the same surgeon either. So while I'm getting better, more slowly than most others who have the sleeve done, I'm still terrified of ever going back again. Can I ask if you've gone back to the same surgeon for the subsequent surgeries??

I hope you end up feeling like the surgery was a positive thing! I’m not quite 3 months out and had complications as well. I had a gastric bleed, needed a second surgery and blood transfusions, plus had a full liter of blood just sitting in my abdomen.

I’m down 45 pounds today with no lingering issues and feel great. I’m able to do intense exercise in a way I haven’t for years. My complication was super scary and I initially had some regrets, but looking back I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Hang in there! Best of luck to you.

18 hours ago, colormehappy said:

I hope you end up feeling like the surgery was a positive thing! I’m not quite 3 months out and had complications as well. I had a gastric bleed, needed a second surgery and blood transfusions, plus had a full liter of blood just sitting in my abdomen.

I’m down 45 pounds today with no lingering issues and feel great. I’m able to do intense exercise in a way I haven’t for years. My complication was super scary and I initially had some regrets, but looking back I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Hang in there! Best of luck to you.

Ohh thank you for this!!!! I really needed to hear this!! For real. 💛

Did research and ordered BariMelts and EZ melts Vitamins online. D3, Calcium plus, B12, multi vit, Iron with Vit C. Presently taking with Optifast liquid diet (2 wks liquid diet) till 27th and 28th of August is surgery date early a.m. One way of avoiding malnutrition/vitamin deficiency. These vitamins melts in your mouth. Also doing light exercise as well. First 2 days on liquid was rough, however 3rd day till present is all good with 48 oz no sugar, no calories liquid.
I tried the BariMelts multi and calcium, and I immediately HATED them. I hope they work out better for you.

SG 7/30/2020 HW 294 SW 270 CW 266