Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 years post op and have huge REGRET!

Oh shoot I read that wrong. You already know. Hahaha

1 hour ago, Bari_KS said:

He is banned from this forum. If you use BP forum application, click on his name, it says " banned".

Odd...i checked his profile and looks unbanned to me...

22 minutes ago, Bari_KS said:

Only in BP phone app, not in browser.

Interesting...doesn’t indicate on the phone app either...are u using an Android phone?

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Ding dong the witch is dead.

I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account. Even with his old account, he changed the name at least a few times.

2 minutes ago, BigSue said:

I have a feeling he'll be back with a new account. Even with his old account, he changed the name at least a few times.

Well, he’s pretty easy to spot if he does. We can always just all just keep reporting his offensive posts and kick him out again. Eventually he may give up.

I personally chose the RNY as my first and only surgery and it has worked flawlessly for me
Lucky for you

Honestly, I joined this forum for support and encouragement, and these kinds of posts are incredibly discouraging, negative and anxiety-inducing. Jesus.
Yes but it's reality and we should all be made aware of all issues possible and this forum is for positive and negative experiences, Jesus back at ya

Started at 322lbs.
Lowest weight 163lbs but sit around 165 most days [emoji4]
I'm 9.5 months post op but 11 months post beginning of preop and been in maintenance now 3 months.

Do you have support to offer or just constantly toot your own horn?

Hear hear

I'm so sorry that you have had such a horrible experience. If you are anywhere near the NY metropolitan area I highly suggest Columbia Presbyterian in the Upper West side. I had a severe problem with my lung that no one could figure out. After suffering for 2 1/2 years I decided to go into the city and it was the best decision I have ever made. Within 30 minutes they found the problem. My daughter and I cried we were so happy. It changed my life. They will take you even if you had surgery elsewhere. Trust me it is worth the trip.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:37 PM, escape_pinacolada said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum but I really need to warn others. I am 5 years post op from the sleeve surgery and am MISERABLE! I have also had 4 more surgeries to fix a hiatal hernia at the esophagus and stomach as well as pouches that were formed by the surgery. I have not been able to eat normally since the surgery and by normally I mean the way you are suppose to after VSG. I haven't been able to drink Water without pain. My SW was 245 and now I am at 184 and losing since my most recent surgery. The recent surgery was to fix the hiatal hernia again. I was told it was a "new" way of fixing the hernia, nothing more was told to me. My pancreas was also removed at the same time. My surgery was called a Nissen Fundoplication, its pretty complicated. They use of the stomach to be wrapped around the esophagus so it won't go up into that area again. From the beginning I have had GERD very bad, it was so bad I was on 2 different medications as well as over the counter antacids so that is why the Nissen Fundoplication. It has been horrible this 5 year journey. I am getting all of my records together for a second opinion and to possibly have a revision to the RNY.

This surgery was the biggest regret of my life. My life has suffered more and my relationship has also been hurt by this. I am always so tired and sick, and my husband is worried about losing me.

I have also been just left to flounder. I have had numerous swallow tests and load of medications but NOTHING allows me to drink a nice glass of Water, albeit a sip at a time, without pain.

So in one word "YES" i regret everything about this surgery.

Heather

Look it sounds really awful so i hope you get to feeling better but everybody has to do their own due diligence prior to surgery choice and gerd is more common in sleeve than rny in all the data. You got the sleeve having known the risk for that particular one. I really hope you feel better!

On 8/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, Keatsy said:

Honestly, I joined this forum for support and encouragement, and these kinds of posts are incredibly discouraging, negative and anxiety-inducing. Jesus.

I actually think its good that the poster shared because everyone should be aware there are risks plus poster should be able to have support too! Just my thoughts 🧸