Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so I have a strange request... and I completely understand if this is too weird. So here goes... I have enormous legs, always have, hence the user name. I am starting to freak out about saggy skin and envisioning my current extra leg skin looking like a shar pei around my ankles once I get to goal. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take shar pei ankles over being in my current obese body... I am just wondering what other large leg ladies look like after WLS.😊

70D35233-4138-47B3-8C0D-81EB02D0BB4F.jpeg

Well I've lost alot of width/circumference off my legs and my shoe size even went down a whole size... My legs were always big but still had muscle because obviously takes muscles to carry my obese body...

Now my legs are much smaller but no skin issues there...

My thighs do look like a shar pei , but my calf and ankles look normal. My husband insists that I can fix it with exercise.

I've always had big legs. My dad said that our family doesn't have legs, they have tree trunks. <love the name by the way>.

My legs were one of the first places I really noticed my weight loss and they have slimmed to the point I have a little bit of a thigh gap. The breeze in my nether regions can be a little unsettling. Sorry if that's TMI, but if any group can understand, I"m sure this group can.

I'm a bit lumpy/bumpy from the knees up. I wouldn't say I'm Shar Pei material, but it's jiggly and loose, especially in my inner thighs where I used to have "chub rub." From the knees down, I've slimmed. I still have bigger ankles and would never be able to wear an anklet, but not the stumps/cankles I once had. In fact, I can actually see the definition of my ankle bones these days. Huge improvement.

From the knees down, it's OK, but my thighs are jiggly and loose and there's a couple of creased skin wrinkles on my inner thighs. It really doesn't bother me that much.

I consider/considered myself to have thick legs as well (even when I was not obese).

First pic is just before WLS, second pic is more or less at goal weight. Last pic is after a Tummy Tuck.

The weight loss did make my legs smaller overall, but I still have thicker than “normal” calves for my size (which I always had, anyway) as well as some skin-drapiness in the upper thighs.

The tummy tuck, however, had an unexpected side benefit of smoothing my thighs out some as they yanked the skin upwards.

If you are younger and have good genes, you will likely fare much better.

6 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I consider/considered myself to have thick legs as well (even when I was not obese).

First pic is just before WLS, second pic is more or less at goal weight. Last pic is after a Tummy Tuck.

The weight loss did make my legs smaller overall, but I still have thicker than “normal” calves for my size (which I always had, anyway) as well as some skin-drapiness in the upper thighs.

The Tummy Tuck, however, had an unexpected side benefit of smoothing my thighs out some as they yanked the skin upwards.

You look amazing! Congrats!

I still have a tummy tuck and breast lift on my "plastics - to do" list. I would love it if the TT helped out with my legs too. I'm not bothered enough to get a leg lift because no one actually sees my upper thighs ever.

Edited by LaLaDee

Thank you all for replying!

New&Improved - I hope this is the case for me!! I wear an 11 right now! Ugh!

On 8/1/2020 at 2:01 AM, New&Improved said:

.....my shoe size even went down a whole size...

Lynda486 - I will take normal looking calfs/ankles any day! Congrats. So hoping this will be the case for me as well!

S@ssen@ch - We might be long lost sisters... I am also 5'7"...so there might be hope. Although, the genetic gift of our tree trunk legs I could have passed on! I am so looking forward to THIS (ha ha ha):

On 8/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, S@ssen@ch said:

.....I have a little bit of a thigh gap. The breeze in my nether regions can be a little unsettling.

Just curious - are you an Outlander fan??

LaLaDee - YES! Thank you...this is my hope TOO!!!

ms.sss - What can I say that doesn't sound like I am a creaper... YOU LOOK LIKE A SUPERMODEL! Holy Hannah - you should be on billboards announcing your amazing results. I took a look at all the pics you posted and I am in absolute love with the navy polk-a-dot dress. This is def. a goal dress now!! As for the following... I am not young and I have won the lottery on the bad gene inheritance...so... only time will tell! :)

On 8/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, ms.sss said:

Thank you all again. I so happy I found this site!

I have big legs, I am over a month out. (30lbs down from SW) So far, no sagging but I do have an elliptical and I use it about 3 times a week. And good news, I have big feet too, they haven't gone down a size but my feet isn't as wide anymore. Yippee!

On 8/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, LaLaDee said:

I'm not bothered enough to get a leg lift because no one actually sees my upper thighs ever.

yeah, I had briefly considered it, but my surgeon mentioned it would be the least bang for my buck given the state of my thighs at the time, as well as the fact the said they are notoriously problematic in healing. Though I have seen some great thigh lift results as well...