Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting approved for insurance

Hi I tried to get weighloss surgery years ago I did the whole 6 month Dr visits for weighloss and not one person. Told me I had to keep a food journal so I was just turned away so I cried and gave up and gained probably 50 lbs so I'm wanting all the info I can on how to get Medicaid to approve me like exactly what I have to do the "6 month supervised diet" is very vague I don't want to screw up again I need to lose weight before I die and also how can I do this during the whole lockdown my Dr is not taking in person visits till oct if then any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my moto g(7) play using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm guessing there would be ways to do the 6-month weight loss program online under the current circumstances, but I can't say for sure. My recommendation would be to contact a surgeon to see whether he/she might be able to recommend such a program. My surgeon was extremely helpful in advocating on my behalf with the insurance company, so perhaps your surgeon could help in your case.

I'm guessing there would be ways to do the 6-month weight loss program online under the current circumstances, but I can't say for sure. My recommendation would be to contact a surgeon to see whether he/she might be able to recommend such a program. My surgeon was extremely helpful in advocating on my behalf with the insurance company, so perhaps your surgeon could help in your case.

Thanks I've been looking at the site I used in the past they have a weight management course as well as the surgery I'm going to talk to them as soon as I can I just go frustrated before and I'm very depressed which I'm also afraid will make me not eligible I also have PTSD and that's why I turn to food I was abused as a child and food was all I had I no longer binge thankfully but I do eat bad stuff for comfort I hope this works out this time if it doesn't I have no hope left

Hey there, what state are you in? I just panic-called my surgeon's office asking about this (I'm on Medicaid too) and they said all I needed to do was have 6 appointments with the nutritionist- I know requirements may vary state by state though. Have you called your surgeon's office to discuss your concerns yet?

I originally had a 6 month plan (then my ins changed to 3). The Cleveland Clinic offers this as part of their program.

Hey there, what state are you in? I just panic-called my surgeon's office asking about this (I'm on Medicaid too) and they said all I needed to do was have 6 appointments with the nutritionist- I know requirements may vary state by state though. Have you called your surgeon's office to discuss your concerns yet?
I'm in Indiana I'm on anthem blue cross blue shield hip insurance to be exact lol the insurances confuse me alot but I was told before I had to do the 6 month plan and keep a good journal and all that annoying crap