Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone one had same issues I have

Trying to do stage 3 is just as painful. I'm only able to take in one bottle of Water a day. I try to do more but it's just so painful. I'm doing about 1 to maybe 2 ounces an hour. I feel like I can't do anymore then the 2 ounces. I have absolutely no energy to even brush my hair. I force myself to walk around my house and to take a night time walk. Every time I stand from a sitting position I feel extremely dizzy and I am going to pass out. I'm sure this may seem all normal and I just need more time, and I know this is new to my body, but i just don't feel right. I don't think my stomach can hold the 4 ounces that I need. I sleep most of the morning to just get thru the pain. I haven't had flushing before. It just started yesterday and it took forever for my color to go back to normal. My face is flushed today but not bad, but I can feel it getting
hotter. I'm sorry if I'm a pain, I'm just worried something is wrong. Who else has had these symptoms? I had my surgery on July 15, 2020 and am miserable and have no one to talk to about this. I feel like drs don’t understand.

Since you are only a few weeks out be patient and a lot of your troubles should subside. I struggled with fluids at first but it WILL get easier--your stomach is probably still swollen from your procedure. Is your flushing from a fever or is it more like hot flashes? If it's a fever you need to let your surgeon know but if it's like menopause hot flashes that's normal...surgery will upset your hormones something awful at first. Hang in there, give it a couple of weeks more and things should be easier. If not PLEASE contact your doctor. Good luck!

Dehydration can make you feel weak and dizzy. I'm sure you will feel better after your IV. Sipping will get easier over time. Keep us posted!

that dizzy feeling when you go from sitting to standing is pretty common (although it eventually goes away for most of us). It has to do with lower blood pressure. About all you can do about that piece is transition slowly. Lack of energy the first few weeks is also common. Not sure about the flushing.

23 hours ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

So I had to go back into the hospital for iv and a Vitamin bag. I don’t feel as drained but I still can’t eat (we’ll drink) more then 2 ounces. It wants to come right back up.

Hey!

are you drinking slowly? I had my surgery 7/15, I'm currently on soft foods and things are going well. But whenever I eat or drink too quickly i instantly feel like I'm going to throw up and i get super hot. I hope things get better!

I have been doing everything slowly. I’ve been eating baby food and can only have about an ounce two at the most. I’m just miserable. Plus I haven’t lost any weight in a week. I knew it would slow down but not after 2 weeks of surgery

4 minutes ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

I have been doing everything slowly. I’ve been eating baby food and can only have about an ounce two at the most. I’m just miserable. Plus I haven’t lost any weight in a week. I knew it would slow down but not after 2 weeks of surgery

I hate that you're having troubles! But my doctor said I would only be eating 1/4-3/4 cup during week 2...1/4 is 2oz so you're close. If you don't mind me asking, how long does it take you to eat? and Are you waiting the 30 minutes before/after eating before drinking? We're all here for you!!!

2 hours ago, Jessicaandmike3 said:

it's the three-week stall - you're just having it early. Pretty much everyone goes through that. Mine was weeks 2 and 3. My weight loss started up again during week four, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days. Just stick to your program and it'll break - stay off the scale if you have to.

if you search this state for "three-week stall', you'll find 17,501 postings on it (and no...I'm NOT kidding). Happens to almost everyone.

Yes I’ve read that. My nurse just said the same this via phone conference. She’s wants me to up my calories to 600-800 a day. My body is storing what food I am eating that’s why I’m not losing. She said my body is just slower at recovering then most. Go figure lol

Have you tried fluids at different temperatures? Early on I was more successful drinking warm liquids vs cold.

I'm able to throw back liquids like nobodies business without feeling sick but food is a different story. I'm able to eat up to 4oz of food and if I go anywhere past that I feel awful. Nothing feels worse than feeling like your about to throw up for an 1hr and a half.

Have you moved on from the baby food yet? I would think it would be lacking sufficient Protein. How are you going with Protein Shakes? Have you tried protein Water?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches