Ɨ
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Changes Post Surgery

HellošŸ˜Š

I'm still in the liquid diet faze and i am extremely excited to start this journey, my surgery is in a couple days; but honestly all i can think about is the fact that when i lose all this weight my body will be completely different... yes i will be thinner... but what about all the saggy skin after, as well as my boobs what will happen to them... i am single right now and i dont have any kids... but im scared of the future, how will everything look feel, be after all this. I am a confident person for the most part and never had issues with guys... but dating post weight loss scares me... ANY ADVICE ?

Iā€™m day 6 post op & I was concerned about the loose skin as well. I got an abdominal binder to try to keep my stomach tight during the weight loss. But my fiancĆ© told me that working on building muscles is just as important as the rest of the exercising, as it gives something to fill the ā€œempty spaceā€.

We can chat later in the future and I can let you know if anything has worked for me.

Saggy skin is a reality for many of us post massive weight loss. Iā€™ll take every wrinkle and sag over the extra 115 lbs any day. Iā€™ll be having a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and arm lift in a couple months to take care of the extra skin.

6 minutes ago, kristieshannon said:

Iā€™ll take every wrinkle and sag over the extra 115 lbs any day.

Same.

I was told that after I reach my goal that my insurance would pay to have excess skin removed IF I get an infection (documented by my doctor) twice. My doctor told me straight out, there is no IF.. it's an almost certainty. Not sure why insurance doesn't see it that way. Seems to me it would save THEM money in the long run to just do it. But then again, I don't understand the ins and outs of the insurance game lol

On 8/17/2020 at 1:43 PM, brianna_the_banana said:

Iā€™m day 6 post op & I was concerned about the loose skin as well. I got an Abdominal binder to try to keep my stomach tight during the weight loss. But my fiancĆ© told me that working on building muscles is just as important as the rest of the exercising, as it gives something to fill the ā€œempty spaceā€.

We can chat later in the future and I can let you know if anything has worked for me.

Im 2 months out and feel great weā€™ll see how things go down the line

On 9/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, MsMocie said:

The amount of loose skin you will have or not have is impossible to predict.
But think about this: Would you rather be heavy, unhealthy and unhappy (I am guessing these are the top reasons to go for WLS) or have a little bit of loose skin that can be removed?

You see, every bit of skin can be snipped of you, but maybe you just won't care that much after a while. You can even place something in your boobs. But can you snipp of high bloodsugar, sleep apnea, heart attacks and diabetes? Do you want to live an extra 20 years? Do you want someone to bury you and have to buy 2 grave plots and a king size coffin? Do you want to have children? Do you want a high risk pregnancy with risk of miscarriage and pre eclampsia? Do you want to be able to go out and have a piece of cake (a little later on) without people looking and judging you like "you can just say no to that cake, fatty) or people staring at you? Do you want to be exhausted after a trip to the grocery store, having back aches and swollen feet?

I am sorry if it scares you, that was not the intent.

I personally would take the loose skin any day. It can be hidden. Yes, my tighs looks like an accordian atm. My stomach is wrinkly. I have some querrels about this. But just give me some clothes, and I feel BOMB. My BF makes me feel SEXY naked or half naked. His reaction to the small underwear he bought me is worth it even though my ass is not a firm peach. Due to that I have no issues wandering around naked with my jiggely stomach and my boobs out, that do not sag - because they are litteraly the smallest boobs that have even been on a fat female, but they have stretch marks.

I belive in weightlifting so I would recommend everyone that is in a fat loss state to take up heavy weightlifting. Reason why is it saves muscle mass when in deficit. It is almost impossible to build any type of mass muscle during weight loss phase as it requiers a surplus of calories. BUT: you will feel sexy and strong as f**k. It will boost confidence, if you are really new to weights or really dedicated maybe you even manage to gain a few pounds of muscle during the first year. Everything changes for you when you see you deadlift 100kgs or hiptrust 150kgs, do a chin up or squat huge amounts of loads.

I really did appreciate reading this! Im 2 months out and im starting to feel myself again so now that im back to my normal schedule adding in the heavier workouts is doable. Im still a long way from my goal weight but honestly im just enjoying every step instead of worrying about things like that (that are so far away)

Iā€™m four months post op, down 83lbs and the skin isnā€™t as loose as I thought. What is weird for me though is almost every day now Iā€™m noticing something different about my body. Iā€™ll get an itch somewhere and WHOA I HAVE RIBS or my bones in my shoulder feel weird. I lay on my side and my knees knock together differently... itā€™s all good, Iā€™m enjoying all of these discoveries I got off the couch yesterday and it was suddenly...easy. Iā€™m sure the skin will be more of an issue later but I donā€™t care. Iā€™ll decide later if itā€™s something I need to address or not. The only thing I donā€™t really appreciate is my man-titties are the one part of me that seems to reaaallly not want to go away. :)

7 hours ago, Slightly Less Fatty Matty said:

Iā€™m four months post op, down 83lbs and the skin isnā€™t as loose as I thought. What is weird for me though is almost every day now Iā€™m noticing something different about my body. Iā€™ll get an itch somewhere and WHOA I HAVE RIBS or my bones in my shoulder feel weird. I lay on my side and my knees knock together differently... itā€™s all good, Iā€™m enjoying all of these discoveries I got off the couch yesterday and it was suddenly...easy. Iā€™m sure the skin will be more of an issue later but I donā€™t care. Iā€™ll decide later if itā€™s something I need to address or not. The only thing I donā€™t really appreciate is my man-titties are the one part of me that seems to reaaallly not want to go away. :)

Completely right im honestly very happy know. I was so nervous before surgery but im taking everything one step at a time