Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't miss about being fat!

I'm new here and still early in my journey (almost 4 weeks post op Loop DS). I have a long way to go, but I've had many years to think of all the things I won't miss when lose weight.

I won't miss:
-having NASH with hepatic fibrosis and worrying about getting cirrhosis
-getting out of breath and sweating with very little activity
-having to buy clothes online since I wear a 30 and they don't have it in stores.
-having plus size clothes fit wrong because I'm short and my arms and shoulders aren't that big for my size. If something fits my stomach and butt the sleeves are usually huge
-the rashes I get in various places from skin rubbing
-having to wear powder to try to avoid rashes
-going to my 9 year old son's school events and being fatter than all the other mom's, and most of them are unfriendly to me and I know that's why
-worrying about embarrassing my son. I know how mean kids are
-being invisible, even though you can't miss me.
(20 or so years ago I was a size 12. The way people treated me then was completely different)
-not being able to keep up with my very active, never sit still, skinny son
-the Buffalo hump on my upper back that makes so many things uncomfortable
-hurting all over
-being unhealthy and feeling worse all the time
-not being able to sit in booths at restaurants
-worrying about dying young from obesity related conditions and leaking my son. I'm 49, and I was an older mother
-not having my outside match my young at heart inside. I feel 25 inside and about 70 on the outside

There's are so, so many things I could never list them all, but these are some of the biggest things.

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, ChubRub said:

A fun thread! No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, what are some of the things you WON'T miss about being fat?

I won't miss:

Wearing black stretch pants every day b/c they were the only thing that fit.

This 100% is what I don't miss about being fat. I refuse to wear black leggings anymore unless I am going to the gym and thats it!!! I wear jeans all the time now and I love it!

I do not miss gasping for breath and turning purple walking up the hill, that is outside my front door, when I go for a walk.

I do not miss attempting to get out of the bath without having to contort myself.

I certainly won't miss not going out or cancelling planned events because everything I owned didn't fit properly/looked like crap or I was just plain self conscious about the way I looked.

I will not miss buying what fit (or fitted the best) rather than what I actually preferred to buy but didn't fit.

I won't miss being compared to big or round animals (hippo, seals etc.) instead of cute little ones when given nicknames (it sounds silly but it does hurt!).

I won't miss my thighs rubbing and the sweating in my back fat!!

I won't miss people grabbing my back fat to remind me of the weight i put on.

I won't miss worrying about being the biggest person in the room.

I won't miss people judging or criticizing my lifestyle simply because I was bigger.

I won't miss people telling me how "I gained so much weight" infront of a crowd as if I was not aware of it.

I won't miss being called the chubby girl.

I won't miss feeling guilty after eating.

I won't miss feeling insecure at any social event due to my size.

I won't miss feeling tired all the time.

On 08/17/2020 at 07:01, MsMocie said:

Are there other pants than black leggings? *mindblown*😨

This sounds like you are being very shady and judgmental and just not nice. I thought that Norwegian’s are raised with the belief that no one person is any better than another. Why are you trying to make someone feel crappy!

I won't miss feeling exhausted before I even get out the door.
I won't miss not being in pictures with my daughter instead of just taking pictures of her.
I won't miss feeling trapped by my body when trying to plan any event or trip.
I won't miss making excuses as to why I decline an invitation to something since I'm too embarrassed to say it's because I'm too fat to do it.
I won't miss looking at myself with disinterest and accepting the limitations I put on myself as all that there is.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

12 hours ago, STLoser said:

going to my 9 year old son's school events and being fatter than all the other mom's, and most of them are unfriendly to me and I know that's why

4bql6j.jpg

•My knees and ankles hurting every time I work out
•being on yo-yo diets
•Being the biggest person at any family event or social gathering
•Not being able to take a bubble bath bc I couldn’t fit in the tub comfortably
•not wanting to take pictures
•having to get drunk to feel comfortable in my own skin
•not dancing or acting goofy with my friends bc I felt like nobody should have to see that
•my back hurting from standing too long
•the crying sessions I would have in the dressing room while trying on clothes

I will not miss:

The medical assistant having to find the large cuff to take my blood pressure at the doctors office.
Being tired all the time.

Not being able to hike.

Feeling judged for whatever I choose to eat.

My life revolving around food, the next meal, etc.

Adding more things to my co-morbidity list.

Taking more pills for those co-morbid conditions.

And almost everything everyone else has posted previously!

I won't miss the bruises I get when sitting in a lawn chair because I'm squished in so tight.

I won't miss needing a shower directly after my shower because I've sweated so much after drying my hair.

I won't miss:

Bragging about my weight loss and reveling in the compliments, then gaining it all back so that the next time I brag, I get silence or boredom.

I won't miss being afraid of falling down and not being able to get back up.

I won't miss falling down and having people panic that I won't be able to get back up.

Struggling to get back up.

Making excuses for my weight.

Making inane jokes about my weight to cover my lack of confidence.

Having people comment on how much or what I am eating.

The feeling that people won't or don't like me because of my weight (internalized too much crap I read in my teens and early adulthood).

Guilt!

Having my cat knead my stomach for comfort.

Having children tell me I'm fat. Don't people teach their kids discretion?

Thanks for the topic, happy to be here.

I like this quote:

"You are so much more than what a mirror can show you. You are made of a million different things that make you deserving of love, a mirror can only show you one of them."

14 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

This 100% is what I don't miss about being fat. I refuse to wear black leggings anymore unless I am going to the gym and thats it!!! I wear jeans all the time now and I love it!

Ok, am I really the only one who LOVES wearing black leggings now that I’m smaller??

I NEVER wore leggings when I was bigger (I remember feeling fat in them), and always wore jeans (and always dark wash jeans, lol).

I heart leggings!