Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WARNING GROSS PICTURES Lisa's Surgical Wounds

Poor Lisa! Sure am glad you were there to hand her the pillow! I only have a difficult time dealing with something like this if it was my baby! Other people and myself, no problem!

Thanks again for being there for her. She's in a difficult enough spot to not have a someone there for her. Hope that made sense...

Hello everyone...."Newbie" here....have posted a few times. I am going to see my surgeon in 9 days to discuss this lap band procedure. AND THEN I CAME ACROSS THIS PICTURE.....Please please please tell me that this is something TOTALLY off the norm! I am not going to reconsider the surgery because I do have other health risks to consider...but this gaping hole in this stomach would scare the crap outta anyone. How long is this person expected to have this hole open like this? Well, I guess one good thing is I work at a Haunted House during the fall, I guess special effects make up are gonna be cheap this year! :D I feel so bad for who ever is on the other end of this! It looks like its the size of a softball! If I followed the story correctly there was a problem with the port being rejected...this is the result of surgery to clean out the infected parts and replace the port?? This isn't a typical wound left from the first surgery is it? Ya get stiched up right? Im just full of questions this morning aren't I??? Best of luck to ya!!! Im sorry that your going through this. And heres to a speedy recovery!!!!

Poor Lisa! Besides looking like you've been shot by a shotgun, do you actually feel better getting that nasty, infected thing out of your tummy? Please stay out of the hot tub, pool, or soaking bathtub!!!

You know Lisa, that actually is the best I have seen it look through this whole mess. I don't see any infection around it at all! I know right now it looks big, but that will heal up pretty fast with the infection all gone. Hang in there, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally in sight!

Thanks Penni! You are a great nurse! :D:D

It actually looks quite similiar to the infection I had. Same location , mine was just a bit smaller. I think mine took close to 2 months to totally close up. I remember wondering if it would ever heal..... But in the end it did.

I think if I had used neosporin from the start, I could have prevented the infection..

Good luck and hopefully everything will heal up fast!!

It is really scary to see what could happen to you if your port gets infected, I have had two infections, it was kind of gross, too see the wound open I thought I was going to die and mine wasn't nearly as big as that, mine was just a tiny bit open, but it looked like something was trying to get out of the wound, like a glob of chicken fat or something it was gross, the surgeon just suggested I wash it really good everyday and it healed up, hopefully it won't get infected again, Let me ask you all a question, I have been trying to locate a doctor here in southwest Florida to give me a fill and I can't find anyone. I found a doctor in Naples, Fl but he won't fill patients that he did not band. And I found a Dr. Rosenthal on the east coast, but I have to do a consult with him first which will cost anywhere from $250-450 and the fill itself is $658, that is outrages, the plane ticket to Mexico is a lot cheaper than that, I didn't know fills were so expensive here, my doctor in Mexico doesn't charge me anything I just have to pay for the xrays at the hospital. Anyone have any advice, I guess I can wait another month or two and fly to Mexico, I just got back from three weeks vacation last month so I can't take time of from work right now. Well hope that everyone has a great day.

Estela

Holy SH%#*!!T!!

Dang, Girl!! You could get to China through there! Seriously, where are all your guts and stuff? It looks like you could see all the way to you backbone... :shiver:

How am I ever going to sleep again???? :dead

xxoo

Oh! Oh! Oh! Why do I keep looking???? Ok, I really have the heebie jeebies, now. Does anyone else feel an ache in their port?

Hello everyone...."Newbie" here....have posted a few times. I am going to see my surgeon in 9 days to discuss this lap band procedure. AND THEN I CAME ACROSS THIS PICTURE.....Please please please tell me that this is something TOTALLY off the norm! I am not going to reconsider the surgery because I do have other health risks to consider...but this gaping hole in this stomach would scare the crap outta anyone. How long is this person expected to have this hole open like this? Well, I guess one good thing is I work at a Haunted House during the fall, I guess special effects make up are gonna be cheap this year! :D I feel so bad for who ever is on the other end of this! It looks like its the size of a softball! If I followed the story correctly there was a problem with the port being rejected...this is the result of surgery to clean out the infected parts and replace the port?? This isn't a typical wound left from the first surgery is it? Ya get stiched up right? Im just full of questions this morning aren't I??? Best of luck to ya!!! Im sorry that your going through this. And heres to a speedy recovery!!!!
Lisa did not have rejection she had several surgeries prior to this one. There is a thread that explains all them. Look for "one port, two port, three port, four,..." and it will explain all that she has been through up to this point.

No this is not a typical band experience. Do not worry they will sew you up after your band surgery. THey had to leave her wound open because they suspect it was infected and it is typical in that instance to leave the wound open to heal from the inside out.

Ahhhhh man... So sorry you are having to go thourgh this.. its a pretty hefty hole you got there. But it looks really good actually, not abnormally red, or any type of discolor. I remember not to long ago maybe a month or two, my mom had her leg amputated and the end of her stump had two big holes somewhat like yours.. just on her stump. Just keep that thing cleaned and stuffed. You are going be fine.. your a strong person! Keep your head up girl!!!! (((((((((hugs))))))))) {not a tight one} lol

OH MY GOD! That'll teach me to munch Cookies while on the pc.....I may never eat again....I'm actually thinking of putting the close up on my fridge to make me think twice about snacking - you're an angel Penni, for taking such good care of our Lisa - give her my love since she won't be checking out this post! When are you going to adopt me, huh?????

I will adopt you Bright anytime. I wanna come to Ireland to visit you when is a good time to visit Ireland?

Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello..oh my was that an echo? Penni, you must have a strong stomach and heart of gold.

Lisa, even though it looks like we would be able to see them, you've obviously got guts. Good luck finally healing this time, you deserve to heal.

I wish you the very best.