Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey I’m wondering if anyone knows about how much money it would cost me to get a full body makeover. Upper and lower body. Arms and thighs included. (Not breasts or face or neck but just about everything else)

when I started researching PS about three years ago, I was told by people who'd been through it to expect about $8K-$10K per procedure, with a lower body lift counting as two procedures since they do both front and back. I did four consults - and for the three U.S. consults I did, that estimate pretty much rang true (I did an email consult with a surgeon in Mexico, and his estimate was about half the price as the U.S. ones, as expected....). Again, that was three years ago, but the estimates I'm reading about from people who are getting consults now sound about the same - or maybe only a little more. So given that guideline, I would expect a lower body lift plus arms and thighs to run you mid-$30K to mid-$40K (in the US). Of course, it also depends on the surgeon (well-known and/or really experienced surgeons are probably going to be more expensive) and region of the country. You're going to pay more in New York, Chicago, or LA than you will in Knoxville, TN, for example.

^Agree^

It will be expensive ( more or less depending on who and where) but also full body can mean more procedures than you think based on each surgeons consults.

Where to get the money 😭😭 seriously. Insurance should cover for this. It’s not like I want to I’m prove my looks. (I do of course) but I literally walk around hanging all over the place. I am uncomfortable and get skin chafing all over the place. It’s overall quit depressing

Most insurance will pay for some skin removal but your doctor(s) have to document the need so start there. Otherwise here are my tips for raising funds:

+ second or third job

+ crowdsourcing

+ side hustles

+ estate sale

+ lottery

+ inheritance

+ sugar daddy

😂 Good Luck

Edited by GreenTealael

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Most insurance will pay for some skin removal but your doctor(s) have to document the need so start there.

that would be mainly if you have medical issues because of the excess skin - e.g., chronic rashes that don't clear up with conventional treatments. So if you have something like this, make sure it's documented so it can be submitted to the insurance company.

unfortunately, I never had any issues like this, so I had to pay out-of-pocket

4 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

that would be mainly if you have medical issues because of the excess skin - e.g., chronic rashes that don't clear up with conventional treatments. So if you have something like this, make sure it's documented so it can be submitted to the insurance company.

unfortunately, I never had any issues like this, so I had to pay out-of-pocket

Yes! This need. Thanks I forgot to add this

If I have it proven that this is causing me depression, does that count? I get rashes on my thighs but not so much in other places

4 minutes ago, Riva_G. said:

If I have it proven that this is causing me depression, does that count?

In Germany admitting to this is about the biggest no-no ever. Insurance will send you happily to some nonsense psychotherapy then.

Just now, Riva_G. said:

If I have it proven that this is causing me depression, does that count? I get rashes on my thighs but not so much in other places

Nope.

From my consults and research skin issues such as candida rashes that require nystatin powder (or other types) would count but a time frame (6/12 months) of continued use without improvement is necessary in order for insurance to consider it & It must be WELL documented.

For breast reductions, a specific amount (tissue, not skin) needs to be removed/removable for insurance to cover it.

This is the process my Bariatric Surgeon started but I decided to self pay to expedite the process.

I’m 18. No clue how I can begin to afford this. I am in the process of moving out of my house to rent or board by someone else. Even with working full time it’ll take me 4 years to save up for this..

17 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

This is the process my Bariatric Surgeon started but I decided to self pay to expedite the process.

Yeah, I guess I will be a self-pay, too. However, of course I'm going to try to get my money back from insurance. ;)

37 minutes ago, Riva_G. said:

I’m 18. No clue how I can begin to afford this. I am in the process of moving out of my house to rent or board by someone else. Even with working full time it’ll take me 4 years to save up for this..

The good news is that you are 18. You still have GREAT skin!!! I would not be surprised that after maintaining your goal weight for 1 years, you don't even need surgery. Take measurements, and check your progress!!!

I might have $$ for plastic surgery but it's only b/c I'm older which means I have the old lady skin that goes with it. I'd rather be young and broke!! LOL!!! Seriously, I think you will be fine!!

On 07/28/2020 at 15:31, ChubRub said:

The good news is that you are 18. You still have GREAT skin!!! I would not be surprised that after maintaining your goal weight for 1 years, you don't even need surgery. Take measurements, and check your progress!!!

I might have $$ for plastic surgery but it's only b/c I'm older which means I have the old lady skin that goes with it. I'd rather be young and broke!! LOL!!! Seriously, I think you will be fine!!

Nah. I’m one year out. Not even near my goal weight and am already dealing with loose skin issues

One year after hitting goal, not one year from surgery. You may not feel it right now, but you have great skin, and it may surprise you!! Good luck!!