Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pulling and pain at main incision site 5 weeks post sleeve

Has anyone had this happen? Pain is more like a dull ache than anything else. Just wondering if what I am feeling is the early stages of a hernia?

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a pulling pain as well. Sometimes it was sharp and pulling, other times it was dull, pulling and almost constant.

I asked around, and some had the same feeling,while other didn't. I'm 4 months post and it only comes back every now and then...always in the same place.

Edited by Girlnextdoor00

I had concerns about this a couple months post-op when I asked in office about it the NP said it was most likely scar tissue.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be a hernia. I do have a hiatal hernia as well but that pain is up by my ribs. You can always bring it up at your next visit.

Yes, I had this, too. It was very alarming. I called my doctor and they said it was normal, a side effect of getting back Into normal activities.

Now I’m 4 1/2 months from surgery and I only get tiny tinges occasionally when do an extended reach. So I assume it’s mostly healed and not a problem.

HTH

Thanks for the reassurances. I did have a stitch cut at 1 week out to help drain a hematoma, so I guess this could just be because the rest of the stitches are dissolving. Haven't been cleared for exercise until next week, so I guess I'll see what happens then.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products